Chapther 31- Late Night Eats

Jasmin

Jasmin

♛♛♛

I rest comfortably in my bed, still full from yesterday's thanksgiving dinner, but the effects are slowly vanishing, leaving me to deal with hunger at one in the morning.

I caress my stomach, trying my best to stop the growling as I open the doordash app. It hasn't been working ever since Wednesday, when the break officially started. I've been trying my best not to focus on any events that took place that day though.

Let's just say it had me in a trance, even as I was eating my dinner yesterday at the table with my mom and cousins. My breath hitches, and I shake my head, trying to shake the thoughts away. It can't happen again. We were just caught up in anger and he wanted to shut me up. It worked. More than it should've.

Flickering my eyes across the screen that reads 'error 505, try again later' I scowl, throwing my phone on the bed and standing up, frustrated. I liked error 404 better. I open my room door and walk into the kitchen, opening all the cabinets and seeing literally nothing in here. It's completely empty.

I contemplate the options I have to fill my midnight hunger, deciding to just try again, I walk back into my room, deciding to test the waters and order on my ipad. My finger picks at the lace of my boy shorts, sending prayers that a miracle would happen and I would be able to order my food.

Lying on my stomach, I kick my feet when I open my iPad and see the app already loaded up on there. Miracles really do happen. My eyes flicker to the top of my screen when a message pop up, from the person I didn't need to text me right now.

San Antonio🖕🏻: fyd

Swiping down on it, I quickly reply, before moving my fingers over the screen to place my order from Chick-Fil-A.

Me: Something important

When I move to the checkout, I'm so close to going through with placing the order, my face ID about to scan, but a facetime notification pops up on my phone and I groan, quickly declining it for my face to scan, but the stupid error 505 thing pops up again. Actually, it wasn't 505, it was 606.

I groan, pulling on my hair and rolling over on my bed. I'm convinced he's a curse that constantly disturbs me. I try refreshing the page but the same thing pops up.

When another call comes in, I answer, immediately snapping at him, but my voice falters when his screen pops up. "What?"

Peering into his camera, I see his whole tatted upper body, due to his phone being propped up one something. My lips part open seeing his bare muscular chest, along with his biceps flex with each movement his fingers make on the ps5 controller in his hand.