14

"So my email has been overflowing this morning". Megan says on speakerphone to Chris. Since the pictures and news broke yesterday (and Scott couldn't have been apologetic enough), my social media accounts absolutely his have blown up. It's even gone so far as fan edits on Tik Tok, people discussing whether it will last. I can't even count the number of comments and messages on Instagram right now. I don't really want to look as I know there will most likely be some negativity in there.

I don't know how Taylor does it if I'm honest. People are still calling her relationship PR and somehow I have a feeling it's going to go the same way for Chris and I.

"How do you guys wanna do this? Heavy launch or..."

"I mean there's always that". Chris replies, "But why should we have to? People don't need an explanation or nothing about who we date, how long and so on".

"According to the media and fans they do". I mutter as he now glances over to me. "Look, we're gonna have unhappy people and happy people. I don't think we need to say anything publicly until we're comfortable to do so. It's not like we're getting married or anything major, we're just dating and enjoying each other". I shrug.

He nods and turns back to the phone. "You hear that?"

"Loud and clear. So no comment for now, and when you guys decide to go public then we can just do that".

"Sounds good to me, Harps?" Chris looks back to me again and I nod. "Right well, we just get on with normality - or whatever's left of it".

Megan agrees and rings off, Chris now sitting back and contemplating. "You're worried..."

I shrug. "It is what it is. I'm used to following Taylor, but if it's a case where there's going to be cameras more on me too? I'm not sure how I can handle that".

"Will you be ok once you're back on tour? I could get some of my team in to..."

"No". I say instantly. "No, I'm good. Her team are pretty good too. Besides they're there for her, I'll just be another talking point". He doesn't seem convinced. "I'll be fine, honestly". I smile and lean over to give him a light kiss. "Ok so we didn't get the time we wanted to be private, but in a way I'm kind of glad it's out there - we just focus on us, nothing else".

Easier said than done when I'm back on tour come November. I need to make the most of the time with him now, and I plan to.

"I don't like the thought of you heading back to New York, I'd rather you stayed here". He now admits.

"And what about when I have to go back on tour?"

"Well I know you'll be somewhat protected during that time".

I sigh. "It'll be fine. We'll just have to take it as it comes, it won't put you off coming to watch me will it?" I now ask, knowing that we'd discussed him perhaps coming to a couple of shows after Christmas. Mainly the Australian dates. We have spoke about Europe yet, but seeing as my family is coming to the London shows, I'm hoping that maybe he'll be able to meet them then.

He shakes his head. "Course not, I'll just be keeping a low profile".

A little hard when everyone knows his face.

We spend the rest of the day just hiding away at home, Scott calling to ask whether everything was ok. He still feels guilty about the slip up but we've put his mind at ease for now. I make the mistake of opening Instagram to a sea of comments that keep streaming in, and to my surprise, they're mostly positive.

He's hit the jackpot with this one...

Absolute Queen 👑

They look really in love! If it turns out to be PR then there's no hope for any of us! 😭

Now we just need a family pic with Dodger 💙

Aaaaaaaaand then there's the not so positive...

Seeing as she's friends with Taylor Swift, it wouldn't surprise me if this is just for writing content. 💀

He could do better, she's probably cheating on him while on tour.

Not gonna last. This is purely a PR move for the tour and they're using Chris because he needs that clean image. Next month they'll be saying that they've split because they're not seeing one another a lot 🙄

I roll my eyes and have a good laugh about it all. I decide against turning the comments off though, as it just would seem a little convenient to the story if I did.

Chris has also been looking at his phone and shakes his head at some of the comments on his page. "So it begins, Wilde...you prepared?"

I shake my head. "Nope, not in the slightest".