20

I don't know how I even make it through the show, but I do. Of course people go mad the moment Taylor unleashes me from the box during the Rep set and it comes up with the date on the big screen. Thankfully I'm able to fall through the trap door and as I land on the crash mat below, I contemplate what the hell I'm doing with my life. 

He wants to marry you...

He's asked you to marry him - but at the most inconvenient time possible. 

He wants to marry me. 

That was why he was staring at me last night, why he then made for the bathroom quite quickly now that I think about it. As we lay in bed last night, he began to say something but then cut himself off. 

How long has he been waiting to ask me? Did he only decide last night? Has it been since we had the whole heart to heart about our future together. 

Chris Evans wants to marry you. Little old Harper Wilde who wanted nothing but to just dance for life. 

And I guess I am. I've been successful so far and do have another potential job coming up next year in between the tour. 

I think I might throw up. 

Now that I'm back in the sanctuary of the dressing room and am changed into comfier clothes, the others gather around me while they have the chance. After all, Chris is going to appear in a moment. 

"Did you say yes?" 

"I knew he'd fucking ask you!" 

"He did it before the show?!" 

Even Taylor is stunned, but listening to what I have to say all the same. I only had a chance to tell her what I'd told her before she had to go on. "Yeah...I just freaked out internally and then had to go on. Talk about him picking his moments". I laugh nervously. "I feel bad though, he might've thought from that then it meant no. Oh god..." Now I'm really freaking out and stare at them, "what if he took it as a no!" 

"But did you actually say no?" Jan asks. 

I shake my head. "I said we'd talk after the show and then had to make a run for it to get to the stage". I wince as I recall what happened. 

"He won't think you meant no. He just chose the wrong moment". Taylor grins. "But the main question is, are you gonna say yes?" 

I can't answer because Kam now saves the day but yelling "Hiiiii Chriiiiis!" and immediately we all jump apart from the little circle we made. 

"We were just...having a meeting...y'know, dancey stuff..." Taylor says. 

She's a terrible liar. 

"So...meeting adjourned, back to the hotel!" She yells before going to find Travis and Scott, the other hurrying to pack their shit while I take my bag and walk out with Chris. 

"About earlier. once we get back to the hotel? We'll talk about what you asked". I tell him. "I don't think doing it right here in the hallway is the best thing". 

"I mean, we still talking about me asking you to marry me at this point?" He smirks. 

I groan at this. "I just...don't think that me running off earlier meant 'no'". 

He nods. "I know, and it was shitty of me to just come out with it like that before the show, but I couldn't wait. I've been waiting to ask you for weeks". 

"Weeks?" I stop dead in my tracks. "You...you knew you wanted to ask me before we even talked about all that?" 

He becomes a little shy now. "I kinda knew it from when we first met, and after you left? I called my Mom and told her that I was sure I'd met the girl I wanted as my wife". 

I am fully aware we're still in the stadium but kiss him gently, then feeling a little vulnerable. "But...what if you're wrong? What if it turns out I'm not?" 

"You are, and I want it all with you Harps - just like I told you before". He kisses my head and then leads me to where the car is waiting to take us back to the hotel. 

Once we're there, he digs into his bag and pulls out something. "Ok...time for me to do this the right way. Harper Wilde, my wilde one...will you marry me?" He asks, getting down on one knee and holding out the ring he's chosen for me.

And it is gorgeous. Not too over the top, but not too underwhelming either. 

The perfect fit...just like us.

I nod and feel the emotions go into overdrive, only now realising that I've had tears sliding down my cheeks since he got down on his knee. 

"Yes".