22

Chris Evans engaged?! - Actor's girlfriend seen wearing engagement ring on stage

Off the market: Chris Evans and girlfriend announce engagement in the most subtle way.

Exclusive: Captain America star and girlfriend reportedly tied the knot during Eras Tour break.

**

I am in so much shit right now.

From the moment I was tagged in that first Tik Tok of someone spotting me wearing the ring on stage, everything blew up.

The secret's out, although Megan is working overtime to smooth over everything, including refusing to comment on the worst kept secret right now. I've had to come off social media for a few days as I can't handle the amount of attention I'm getting.

I thought Chris would go mad, but as it happens he was more concerned for me getting hounded by fans and the media rather than anything else. Now I've got off a flight back to Boston, and have security that he's sent waiting for me - just in case.

There's a couple of photographers waiting and they snap a few pictures of me. I simply hide behind my sunglasses, and under one of Chris's hats that he gave to me before I left. Once I'm in the car I can finally breathe again.

That was even more intense than it usually is being out with Taylor and co. The focus is on me - and I don't think I've really ever been prepared for it. I try and force down the lump that's forming in my throat.

Don't cry.

Don't cry.

Don't cry.

I feel bad though as my stupid mistake has cost us our privacy, and now his team as well as my agent are working overtime to try and rectify this.

They can't. The only thing that Chris and I can do is not comment on it and keep it that way. I know as soon as I'm seen without the ring on stage again then the break up rumours will circulate.

Better than pregnancy ones Harper.

I get out of the car once I'm back at Chris's, and everything is so quiet in comparison to the madness I've just come from. I unlock the door and the house is silent. I wonder if he's on a work call or talking to Megan to get an update with what's going on.

"I'm home?" I call and look around as Dodger comes bounding up to me, all excited I'm back.

"Hey gorgeous boy, where's daddy?" I ask as I ruffle his fur under his neck. Security have brought in my bags and I thank them as they leave - then closing the front door.

Looks like it's me and Dodge then. At least until I find whether Chris is here or not.

"Chris?" I call and walk into the living area, only to then jump out of my skin as the whole family yell "SURPRISE!" A congratulations banner and balloons hung up around the room.

I bring my hand to my face to hide a mixture of shock and emotion as Chris now comes up and kisses me. "I thought we could celebrate welcoming you home as well as our engagement".

Ok, now I cry. I can't help it. I'm overwhelmed and jet lagged - but this is perfect.

"I thought you'd be mad anyway because I fucked up". I whisper into his chest as he holds me close and sways us from side to side.

"You didn't fuck up Harps - anyway, Megan's spoke with your agent and they've said they're not commenting on the speculation. We don't have to either. We don't owe anyone any explanation remember?"

I look up and then tilt my head to the side to kiss him. "Can I at least shower first before we celebrate?" I ask with a smile, Lisa now coming over to say hello.

"Let the poor girl shower and have a drink before we get started". She tells her son and then hugs me. "Welcome home Harper, we've all missed you".

This makes me cry even more. Lisa smiles weakly. "Come on sweetie, don't be upset. You did nothing wrong".

"I know, I just...sorry, I'm jet lagged and just overwhelmed that's all. I'll be fine once I have a shower and stuff". I tell her.

"Go on, go get yourself sorted - Chris, you need to start the barbecue anyway, Scott! Remember you're on meat duty". She calls over to her younger son.

He huffs at this. "I think you gave me that job on purpose ma".

Chris shakes his head and follows me into the bedroom while everyone else helps themselves to drinks and starts the party.

"Mom's right Harps. You did nothing wrong". He says as he watches me. "Were you ok when you landed?"

I nod. "Yeah, a couple of guys with a long lens were lurking but that's it".

"That's probably all it will be. They tend not to venture here - if you went back to New York then there'd be more of them". He states. "Do your parents know?"

"Yeah I told them - they were shocked to say the least but they seem to accept that I can make adult decisions for myself now". I don't mention about London, it will only make Chris upset for me as well. "Anyway we'll talk about them later - I just wanna enjoy being back home with you".

He leans in and kisses me again, throwing my cap off and pulling my hair out of its messy ponytail. "I may need to join you in that shower, Wilde. You're getting me all hot and bothered". He tells me quietly.

One of my hands finds it way down to cup him through his jeans, and he grunts slightly. "You have a barbecue to start". I remind him in between deep kisses and the shedding of clothes.

He hoists me up and carries me through to the en-suite, smashing the button to start the shower with his palm. "Fuck the barbecue, they can wait - I wanna welcome my future wife home properly".

I won't argue with that.