29

Once London is over, I head back to Boston for a private scan before I have to head on to Sweden. People think it's wedding stuff like I've told them, but after they learn about the real thing, there may have to be changes, especially if I want to be dancing right up until my due date. Chris doesn't exactly like the idea of it, considering that there's a chance the baby will be here before the tour ends in December - but I want to keep good for as long as possible.

That's if my dear boss will let me.

We haven't told Lisa or anyone yet. Shanna knows but had promised to keep quiet until we let the family know. I'm slowly coming around the idea now that I've had more time to process it.

We're having a baby, that's the bottom line - and now in a moment of madness, we're bringing the wedding forward. It'll just be family, and then after we can throw a party/ baby celebration in one. That'll be when we tell friends and other people about the good news. We're mentioning nothing officially though - I'm pretty certain that people will be able to work it out for themselves.

"So looks like we have a blob". Chris gestures to the scan picture as we sit and stare at it once we're home.

"I know...still feels weird that it's inside of me". I look down at my stomach that's still very much flat.

He kisses my neck. "I know - and I put it there", now announcing quietly to me and rather proudly. I turn and kiss him gently. "I'm just worried you're gonna overdo things if you dance right up towards the end". His hand rests itself on my stomach.

"I've got to tell Taylor and sit down to talk with the tour team and see just how we can do this, up until when - it could be that I might have to stop sooner than I'd like to.
Will that stop you being anxious".

"No". He smirks and then sighs. "Sorry Harps, I know you're probably pissed off that I'm overthinking shit".

I shake my head. "It just shows you care - nothing wrong with that."

He then leans down and presses a kiss to my stomach. "I can't believe we could have this one here by Christmas". Yep, my present to him is pushing out a human equivalent of a melon through my vagina. That part I don't wanna think about right now because honestly I'm scared shitless.

"I know". I smile and then we hear the doorbell go.

Lisa is here...

We'd asked her to come over, or at least Chris did. She doesn't know I'm back breifly - but she will do now. He gets up and goes to let her in, and she double takes as she sees me curled up at one end of the sofa.

"Harper? I didn't know you'd be back". She leans down and hugs me. "Flying visit? Where are you going next?"

"Sweden". I confirm and she sits down next to me as Chris asks if she wants coffee.

"Please". She smiles back at him.

He looks to me. "Harps, you want a water?"

I hold up my bottle. "Still working my way through this one", he leans down and gives me a kiss before he goes to make his mum a drink.

"Chris told me last night you're bringing the wedding forward?"

I nod. "We decided we didn't really wanna wait after stuff. We've managed to sandwich it in between shows". Now explaining very vaguely just one of the reasons.

"Coffee". Chris comes back into the room and hands kids the mug. "You might wanna put that down for a minute - Harper and I need to talk to you". He now turns serious and her face fills with worry.

"Is everything ok?" The frown grows.

He passes her the scan pictures. "We've got an extra Christmas present this year".

It takes her a moment to clock just what she's looking at and then her hand flies up to her mouth as she lets out a little yelp of happiness. "What! Oh my god!" Then she on her feet, wrapping her arms around her son and then coming to hug me as well. "How long have you known? Who knows?! What about the tour?!" She has so many questions that now she's getting emotional.

I just laugh lightly as Chris sits next to her and puts an arm around her. "Ma. Relax". He tells her gently. "We've known since London - Shanna had to help us out, but she said she wouldn't tell. Harper needs to talk to Taylor and a few people in charge about how long she can tour for".

"I might have to sit a few dances out or just step back a little when it comes to the more complicated ones - but I wanna try and avoid that. It's not my call though, they need to assess risks and stuff so it's down to them to decide". I explain. "I'm due around the beginning of December though so they're estimating". The costume department are gonna kill me for sure. Now I'm trying to imagine how the fuck I'm supposed to look sexy with a baby bump during 'Vigilante Shit'...

"Well we're certainly going to have a hell of a Christmas this year". Lisa wipes her eyes and hugs Chris again. "You're going to make such a good daddy, you know that?" She tells him through some more tears that have escaped.

"Ok, stop, you're gonna make me cry too". He smirks as he pulls away and I catch a glimpse of him getting emotional as well. He was like it when we first saw the screen and the tiny heartbeat pumping away. It was the moment for me that shit has got very real.

Lisa rubs his back and grins at me. "When are you telling the rest of the family?"

"Soon, Harper needs to call her parents and tell them, then we'll let everyone know on the group chat". Chris answers. "We figured we wouldn't tell friends yet - but keep it until after the wedding".

We talk a little more while Lisa has her coffee and then she checks the time, stating she needs to get home before Carly arrives. Once she's gone, all we can do is just go back to the same bubble we were in, just relishing in the moment before it all gets a little too mad again.

I now know that it's going to happen, but once it does, it will die down. I'm more prepared than ever.