31

I've been trying to hold it together today, but the dreaded moment has come. 

My last date on tour before I officially take a step back and 'rest'. 

I was really hoping to make it for the last three Vancouver shows, but my doctor has told me otherwise, especially as it's a few more weeks before the baby is here. They've advised me not to take a chance and after a lengthy discussion with Chris, I've agreed. 

He's here tonight, telling me he wouldn't miss my last show. The amount of tears I've cried this morning to him has been non stop - but he's been there, telling me that what I'm doing is for the best for our girl. 

And it is. I know it is - I'm just gutted that with only three shows left after this, I couldn't make it. Like I've been trying to prove to myself that I can. 

"Go out there and have fun, make the most of it". He holds me tight as I try not to cry and ruin my make up "You've got nothing to prove to anyone Harps, even if you still think you do. You're almost nine months pregnant and are still dancing, travelling. You're fucking amazing, everyone's said it". 

It was overall a positive reaction, but there will always be people out there who want to bring you down. I've learnt not to listen to them, to just not stress over it because they're not worth it, hiding behind keyboards and screens. 

Mum and Dad are still over the mood of course, but my relationship with my siblings will always be strained. They still can't understand my choices. But this is my choice. 

Chris is my choice, and one that I will never regret - even after what we've been through. 

"I don't feel amazing". I admit. 

"Well you are, come on, don't be upset". He soothes and kisses my hair. "You deserve some time before baby comes, you've earned it". 

I guess he's right. 

"We've got her". Kam says as he comes over along with the others. These people are my extended family of brothers and sisters that I needed. They've been there for me the whole way through, and I will miss them, but it doesn't mean we won't meet up anymore. 

Chris heads off to the VIP section and I wait backstage to go on, Taylor and a few of the others already out there. 

Yeah. I've got this...

**

The final bow at the end of Karma is emotional, but I know that Chris is waiting for me backstage, ready and waiting to take me home. And I love that it's him that gets to do that. 

We all have a group hug onstage as Taylor announces that it's my final show, getting everyone to cheer for me. That just makes me start welling up and we exchange our own last hug. "I love you Harp". She tells me, "Thanks so much for being here with me all the way through this". 

We walk off stage and I see Chris waiting for me, walking straight to him and kissing him hard. 

"Love you Wilde one". He tells me as he guides me backstage, still not letting go over. "Let's go home". 

I nod and smile up at him, knowing that another door is opening for us soon enough, and I can't wait for it to do so. 

"Yeah, Take me home, Evans".