19

"You want pizza?" I ask Chris later on that evening as I head out from the bathroom after my shower. We've pretty much spent the day just shut away in the hotel room, taking cute pictures, watching a film or two - but now I'm pretty hungry. 

"Sure, want me to call down and order?" He asks, getting the menu and quickly looking through it. 

I nod. "Could you? I'm just gonna change into my night stuff". 

"That include that cute babydoll I like so much?" He eyes me knowingly. 

"You've had an afternoon of sex already, I need to have a break if I wanna go on stage tomorrow". I smirk and get changed into my PJ shorts and top, while he gets on the phone to room service. 

After he put the phone down, he comes to sit back on the bed with me. "You heard from your parents lately?" He asks, knowing I probably haven't. 

"Sent them a text to tell them I was in Argentina and that I was gonna try and make it back for Christmas once the tour is over, but I doubt I'll be able to. They're pretty used to me not being able to get back as often as they'd like me to". I tell him. 

"They annoyed that you might not?" He asks. 

I shake my head. "I think by now they understand well enough that I'm busy - plus they now know about you..." 

"Shit, bet that went down well". 

"My nephew is pretty excited that his aunt is going out with the real life Captain America". I chuckle. "I think I could be the favourite now". 

He chuckles. "I try my best to please, what about in between new year and the international start to the tour at the beginning of next year? Would you be able to get back then?" 

"Yeah, I think so. It depends on how much time and when rehearsals are. It's usually about a month before that we start so it's possible". 

I have to be honest, I'm a little nervous about what my parents have to say about my relationship. I don't know why, but I guess it's because I've always been wanting their approval for most of my life. There's an age gap between my siblings and me so I've always felt a bit separated from them. "Anyway I'll zoom call them when I have time". I finish off, just wanting to get off the subject.
Chris's family are so close and have welcomed me with open arms as one of them. I appreciate it - how having somewhat of a second family. I get along with his Mum and siblings, his niece and nephews, extended family. I feel more a part of it than my own which is kinda sad in a way. 

Food arrives and we eat, making small talk, drinking a bottle of wine that he made sure to ask for. It's the perfect night - I find I will take these over any nights out (although the odd one is ok). "You ok?" I frown as I look up and see him watching me for longer than he usually does. He seems to realise and laughs softly. 

"Yeah, sorry - I just like looking at you, not in a creepy way of course". 

"I may as well be the creep considering I took my shot at you through a Tik Tok". I remind him and sip at my wine. "You can stare at me all day for all I care". 

He leans over and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "I'm gonna take a shower". Getting up and going into the bathroom. 

I don't think much of it and finish my wine, scrolling through Tik Tok and pictures of us. Sometimes I still can't quite believe how far I've come. To be lucky enough to have all this - and him. I just hope with Chris, one day, I can have it all. 

**

"Almost time!" the tour manager yells as we're backstage the next evening getting ready to go on. Technically I'm on for the second song so I still have some time, but I like to watch Taylor from behind the scenes. 

Tonight she's going to be announcing Rep TV as it was meant to have been done yesterday, so naturally I'm nervous considering I'm playing a bigger part than usual. One that's sticking for a while. I put on the full costume and make up in rehearsal and according to her, it was like the vision she wanted had come to life. 

I honestly hope it goes right tonight, because if the trap door under the stage doesn't open at the right time then I'm gonna have to improvise. 

I won't lie, the nerves are there. 

"Go out there and kill it Harps". Chris says as he quickly comes in to see me before the show starts, saying Hi to Taylor and the others. 

I nod. I can't even tell him about the Rep part of the show as it's confidential until then. "I'll try". I smirk and then see his face. "What's up? You've got some kinda look about you". 

He doesn't look himself..."I

Oh fuck, please - if you're going to dump me then could you at least wait until after the show?

"Harp I can't wait..."

Alarm bells are ringing in my head. 

"I was going to talk to you last night, but I just chickened out..."

This isn't sounding great Evans...

He looks around to check no one else is listening before he takes my hand and looks at me nervously. "I wanna marry you, Harps". 

My eyes widen as I was not expecting it at all, no matter how much we've talked about the future and how I've joked about weddings with the others. 

"You...you're..." 

For fuck sake, now we're being called to take our places even though I still have time. But I have to be backstage right now. 

"I'll talk to you after the show". I say, feeling a little shaky. 

Giving him a kiss, I need to run to get backstage and so I feel all over the place. "What the hell is going on?" Taylor says quietly, not caring if she has to get under the stage. 

"I...I think Chris just asked me to marry him..."