24

It astounds me that I can get up on stage in front of 72,000 people and dance for them, yet the thought of walking the carpet with Chris at the Oscars is making me shit myself.
The group chat has been lit this morning, with everyone saying that they're gonna be wanting pictures and everything to see.

If I make it, because I feel like I could pass out.

Currently we're in a suite in LA and I'm pacing the main living area while Iliana is working her magic to make Chris look fuckable. She always gets it right so I'm not worried about that, I'm more worried about me. The anxiety has been playing on me ever since the argument with my family, and I've been sleeping like crap, getting worked up and emotional over the smallest of things. Now I feel like I can't breathe...

I go into the bathroom and close the door, locking it and then getting on the phone. "Hey you!" Taylor's voice comes down the line. "How's the Oscar's prep going?"

"I'm bricking it". I admit. "I just...I've been having a lot of thoughts since the argument".

"Oh come on, you're gonna look amazing, trust me - go out there and smile".

"It's not just that...my head is just so fucked at the moment. I just...I don't know if I wanna get married if it's gonna cause me to lose my family". She's heard the full story and was pissed at my family for me.

There's a pause. "But like...do you really wanna make the effort after everything they said? I know your mom and dad have a different view, but they don't think you're selfish and didn't call you it either. I agree with what Chris said - they're idiots and they're jealous of you. You're the youngest after all and now proved everyone wrong".

"Yeah". I sigh, "but...I just can't help how I feel - I love him, I fucking love him so much that I'm like, aching? But the wedding, I'm now dreading it rather than being excited".

"Have you told him about it?"

"No, I'm too scared because I know he'll be upset. I've already had to shoot down having kids this year because of touring".

Taylor now FaceTime's me. "Harper, honestly don't put your life on pause because of the tour. If you wanna get married and have sickeningly gorgeous babies then you do it".

I hear Travis in the background shout "alright nah!" In his usual manner and then he appears. "Who's having gorgeous babies?" He's intrigued by catching the last part of the conversation.

"Apparently me and Chris". His face changes into delight but I shut him down. "Not hey, it's just Taylor's opinion".

"That's the only one you need". He smirks, "but yeah she's right, they'd be pretty cute".

"Please can we stop talking about babies?" I groan.

Taylor fills him in. "She's freaking out about her wedding as well as her Oscars outfit".

"Awh shit, that's today?" He asks as I nod. "So why you freaking out?"

I shrug. "I just...I don't fit in with that world as such - I'm gonna look stupid".

"No you won't, you're gonna look killer, and as for the wedding? Have you talked about it together?"

"That's what I just asked, apparently not, she's worried he's gonna be upset".

Travis shrugs. "I'm sure he'll be ok? Especially if you ask  to move it back, maybe after the tour ends?"

I could.

"I'm gonna have to think, anyway I'm gonna go - Iliana's gonna be hunting me down to put me in my outfit, but talk to you guys later?"

They both wave and say their goodbyes and I ring off - taking a deep breath before Taylor sends me the lyrics to a new song on her album she's going to be surprise dropping before Rep.

Everyone's going to lose their damn minds - especially once they see the set will change for Europe. We've got rehearsals for a few weeks before we kick back off in Paris.

Taylor: Don't forget - lights, camera, bitch smile 😃

Harper: Lol, I'll send you a pic of my outfit once I change into it.

Heading out of the bathroom, I'm just in time as Chris now comes out in his suit.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

"Be honest, is this even my colour?" He asks.

I nod, biting my lip. "Oh...hell yes it is - can we skip this thing and just hide here for the day?"

Believe me I would feel much better. 

He just chuckles as Iliana comes out, and gestures me to come in so I can change into the outfit she's found for me.  

Ok, maybe this isn't gonna be as bad as I thought, and as I look at myself in the mirror I can't help but agree that we're gonna turn heads. At least I look like I'll blend in for sure. 

"Well, damn..." Chris's jaw is on the floor as Iliana smirks, stating that I can keep the dress. "Oh believe me, I'd have brought it off you..." He says, still checking me out. "Ok, I'm the luckiest guy ever". 

Damn. How can I talk to him about potentially putting the wedding on hold when he is just...him? 

Megan arrives and that's our cue to head down to the car - although we get a few pictures together before we leave. My heart is thumping, but Chris's hand remains firmly on my thigh, sensing my unease. 

He leans in. "It's ok. Just follow my lead, I'll tell you where to look and stuff when they take pictures". 

I nod and continue to toy with my hands until the car comes to a stop and security get out, opening the doors. Chris gets out his side and then walks around to me, helping me out while Megan pulls out the back of my dress so it's perfect. No doubt she'll be doing that on our wedding day as well - well, after getting the guests to sign the all important NDA's. We've already discussed that it's going to be as private as possible - the last thing we want is people's pictures getting out there on the internet or the paps lying in wait for us. 

My head feels in a bit of a spin, but I keep a hold of Chris as he whispers quiet instructions in my ear as we pose for pictures. The flashes of cameras are blinding me, and even in a beautiful dress and on the arm of the most handsome man who is all I've ever wanted? 

I've never felt more out of place...