Chapter 3: Reunions and the Return Home

Neji awoke with a heavy intake of breath. He scanned his environment, and he recognized it as the battlefield he had died on. When he looked down at his clothes, they still had holes in the areas where he was impaled.

"What is going on? I know I was killed." Neji thought as he slowly stood up. "I was talking with my father, then suddenly I'm back here."

Neji started to walk around. He spotted many other confused shinobi in the same position as him. They were positive they died, but then how are they back in the land of the living.

As Neji walked a sudden thought came to his mind.

"Hinata-sama! I must find her and make sure she's alright," Neji thought.

But just as Neji was about to take off running he heard someone call out to him.

"Neji-niisan! You're Alive!"

When Neji spun around, he was met with a crushing hug from Hinata.

"I can't believe you're alive." Hinata said as she cried tears of joy into Neji's shoulder.

Neji, never having been really good with emotions, awkwardly wrapped his arms around Hinata.

"How are you alive niisan?" Hinata asked her head still on his shoulder.

"I-I don't know. One second I was talking with my father, then the next I'm back here." Neji said as Hinata released him from the hug.

"It must have something to do with Naruto-kun." Hinata said as she felt Naruto's chakra approaching.

"Naruto, so he did it after all." Neji said as he turned around.

On the horizon three figures approached, as the rising sun framed their figures. The heroes of the shinobi world had returned. But wait, where was the fourth?

Naruto helped support Sakura as they walked back towards the battlefield. As they slowly made there way back Naruto and Sakura were discussing a few things.

"So are we gonna tell people right away?" Sakura asked as she leaned her head against Naruto's.

"Tell them about what?" Oh Naruto had matured, but his denseness still was very present.

"I'm talking about us being together, you baka!" Sakura yelled as a vein bulged on her head, but she couldn't help the smile that spread on her face.

"Ugh Naruto, you'll never change. But that's one of the things I love about you." Sakura thought as she pulled Naruto a little closer.

"W-well I don't..." Naruto started to say, but he stopped dead when he noticed something he had missed before.

"Naruto what's wrong?" Sakura asked wondering why he stopped mid-sentence.

Then Sakura noticed Naruto was trying to avert his gaze, while he was trying to fight off a massive blush. When Sakura followed his gaze, she was mortified at what she saw. There was still a gaping hole from where Sasuke had stabbed her, and her left breast was clearly visible through the opening.

Sakura let out a loud 'eep' before she quickly let go of Naruto and covered her self up.

"Oh my Kami, I'm so embarrassed." Sakura thought as her face turned beat red.

"He was gonna see eventually, so what's the big deal." Inner Sakura said with a dirty smirk.

"They're bigger than I thought they'd be." Naruto thought as he tried to pry his eyes away. "Oh shit, I better act fast, or Sakura is gonna kill me."

Acting quickly Naruto took off his tattered orange jacket and handed it to Sakura.

Just as Sakura was about to pummel Naruto, she saw him take off his jacket.