Chapter 13: Letting the Past Go

Naruto

Naruto walked up the steps to his apartment after dropping Tenten off at her home. Wanting to enjoy the nice night, he decided against using his Hiraishin to get all the way home.

On the way to his home several people stopped and thanked him, or offered him gifts. Naruto graciously accepted the thanks and gifts, but it still felt awkward for him to be receiving praise from the very people who used to despise him. Even after defeating his inner hatred, a part of Naruto was still wary of the villagers. Waiting for them to turn on him any second.

But before any of those thoughts could fester too long, Naruto is reminded of all his precious people. A smile graces his lips as images of all the important people in his life flash in his mind.

Naruto let out a happy sigh as all of his girls flashed before his eyes. He envisioned a future where he was Hokage and he had a family with all the girls. He pictured coming home after a long day at work and being tackled by a small army of kids, all happy that their dad was home. Then after greeting all his children he would make time for all his wives, and see how each of their days went. Then they would all sit down for dinner and laugh and joke like the loving family he knew they would be.

"Hmm yeah that's the life." Naruto thought happily as he walked into his apartment.

As Naruto walked into the kitchen he spotted Konan fast asleep on top of a pile of graded test papers. Naruto smiled as he gently picked Konan up and carried her into the bedroom. She let out a happy sigh and snuggled closer to Naruto as he carried her down the hall. Once in the bedroom her gently placed her down onto the bed. He placed a kiss onto her forehead before he went into the kitchen to make dinner.

Sakura was walking home after a long shift at the hospital, and her daily training with Karin. But as Sakura neared her home she was hit with the smell of the nearby Ichiraku ramen stand. She couldn't resist the temptations and started walking towards the stand for a quick bite to eat.

"Dammit Naruto your stupid ramen cravings have rubbed off on me." Sakura thought as the stand came into view.

"Hmm I don't think it's all Naruto's fault. Remember we're eating for two now." Inner Sakura said with a grin.

"Yeah you're probably right." Sakura thought a warm smile spreading across her face as she placed her hand on her stomach.

Sakura lifted the flap and took a seat at the bar.

"Ahh Sakura!" Ayame said cheerfully when she saw Sakura walk in.

"Hello Ayame, how are you?"

"I'm doing fine, but it's a little slow today. But it's always nice to see one of Naruto's girls in here."

Sakura thanked Ayame and placed her order.

"So how's the pregnancy been going so far?" Ayame said from the kitchen as she prepared Sakura's order.

"It's been going great so far. I've been having the usual mood swings and weird cravings, but Naruto and the other girls have been so supportive."

Sakura smiled as she thought of how close her and the other girls had become over the past weeks. They were the closest things Sakura had to sisters.

"Well since you're eating for two, this one's on the house." Ayame said as she handed Sakura her order.

Sakura smiled and thanked Ayame. She inhaled the ramen's heavenly aroma. Breaking apart her chopsticks, Sakura started to slurp and gorge on the ramen at a speed that would make Naruto jealous. After inhaling the ramen, Sakura slammed the empty bowl on the table with a happy smile on her face.