Chapter 6: Building Relationships

(Team 7 Training Grounds)

Naruto strode onto Team 7's old training ground. He was flooded with memories, that brought a smile to his face. But his smile turned to a frown when he thought of Sasuke. He clenched his fist in anger when he thought of his former best friend.

"Why did you have to do that you stupid teme," Naruto said to himself. "You could have come back with us, and we could have been a team again."

Now Naruto was clenching his fists so hard, that he broke the skin of his palms. He could feel the Kyuubi's chakra starting to influence him as his anger grew. But he took a few breaths and calmed himself.

"I've got focus, I won't be able to train properly if I'm angry." Naruto thought as he channeled chakra into his left eye.

Naruto opened his left eye and his blue tomoe rinnegan appeared.

"Okay let's see what this thing can do," Naruto said as he felt the rinnegan's power course through him. "First let's see if I can do that teleport thing Sasuke was doing."

Naruto scanned for an object to switch with. He spotted a lone log across the field, and he focused in on it. Seconds later Naruto found himself standing where the log was.

"Whoa." Naruto said in a low voice as he gazed at the log he switched with.

He remembered Sasuke saying that the teleport only had a short range.

"Well let's see if I can increase this things range. But if I can't then I can always learn dad's Hiraishin jutsu." Naruto thought as he prepared to continue his training.

But before he could start again, he heard someone speak up behind him.

"You know I could help you train your rinnegan."

Naruto turned around to see Konan standing there. Konan was now dressed in standard jonin apparel with her headband tied around her head.

"Oh hey Konan-chan! How are you?" Naruto asked happy to see his blue-haired friend.

"I'm doing fine Naruto." Konan replied with small smile.

"How are you adjusting to life in the village?" Naruto said as he turned off his rinnegan.

"It was difficult at first, but I'm really starting to like it here. The people are all so nice and the shinobi are very helpful when I have questions." Konan said as she turned to gaze at the village walls behind them.

"Well that's great to hear." Naruto said with his trademark grin.

"As I was saying before, I can help you train with your rinnegan. I learned a lot about how it works from Nagato and Yahiko." Konan said as she walked up to Naruto.

"Sure thing Konan-chan, any help will be great." Naruto said as he again channeled chakra into his left eye.

Walking towards the middle of the field, Naruto started his training again.

After training for a few hours, Naruto had mastered several new abilities thanks to his rinnegan. He could now make a Rasenshuriken with every chakra nature. He also learned all the major chakra points thanks to Konan, even though he couldn't use the jyuuken, it was still good to know. Naruto had also mastered a few of the Six Paths Technique. He could now push and repel attacks with ease, summon a few of the rinnegan summons, and he could absorb chakra fairly well.

Naruto now lay in the center of the field panting in exhaustion. As he lay there he felt someone sit down next to him. He turned his head and saw Konan sitting next to him, gazing up at the sky.

"You know you're just like them," Konan said with a smile as she continued to look at the sky. She looked down at Naruto to see him looking at her in confusion.