Chapter 28: Finally Returning Home

(One Week Later, 2:30 p.m. ; Forest Half-Mile Due North of Konoha)

"Are we almost there?!" Anko whined from her position atop Naruto's back. The kunoichi had previously been complaining about her sore feet, so Naruto had offered to carry her. This quickly earned Anko several glares from the other girls. Anko grinned and playfully stuck her tongue out as she climbed on Naruto's back. However, Naruto didn't miss the annoyed looks his girls shot at Anko. After releasing a light sigh, Naruto had quickly formed a hand seal; causing several Kage Bunshin to appear. All of the girls smiled brightly as they allowed Naruto and his clones to carry them. "We've been walking for hours!"

"More like I've been carrying you for hours." Naruto muttered underneath his breath. Seconds later Naruto yelped when he felt Anko pull hard on his ear.

"What was that gaki?" Anko asked darkly, as she leaned down to whisper into Naruto's ear. "Are you seriously complaining about carrying the women that 'you' got pregnant?"

"N-No! Of c-course not, Anko-chan!" Naruto stammered out, forcing a weak smile onto his face. "I'm happy to carry my girls when they're tired."

"That's what I thought." Anko said, as she patted Naruto on the head. Turning around, Anko called out to Shisui, who was currently near the back of the group. "Oi, magic eyes! You've got the map, so are we getting close or what?!"

"I have a name." Shisui thought, his left eye twitching ever so slightly in annoyance. Grumbling to himself, Shisui unfolded the map and quickly scanned over it. "At our current pace we should be back in Konoha in about ten minutes."

"Thank kami!" Choji exclaimed, as he breathed a sigh of relief. "I've been dying to get back home. I have so much I want to tell Shikamaru and Asuma-sensai."

"You just want to tell them that you have a girlfriend now." Ino teased, causing Choji's face to flush red in embarassment.

"I just want to get back and see how Itachi and Obito are doing." Shisui said, as he put the map back into his pack. "It's been months since I last saw them, and I want to see how the new police force is coming along."

"I too would like to see how the police force is doing." Sai said, which caused Naruto to quirk an eyebrow.

"You thinking about becoming a cop Sai?" The 'real' Naruto asked, as he walked up next to his pale teammate.

"No...Well not yet at least." Sai replied, shaking his head. "Maybe when I'm a little older. But for right now I still want to be a shinobi."

"That's great to hear." Naruto said, as he patted Sai on the back. "Because when I'm Hokage I'm gonna need capable shinobi like you."

"Thanks, Naruto." Sai said with a genuine smile on his face.

"You're a member of Team 7, Sai. Don't ever forget that." Sakura said, as she hopped off the clone's back and place a hand on Sai's shoulder. "Naruto and I will be there whenever you need us."

"Yeah! Team 7 is a like family, and we always stick together!" Naruto cheered with a large foxlike grin. However, no one noticed the brief look of sadness that flashed in Naruto's eyes. "All except one...stupid teme. Damn it, you were supposed to be my brother. Why'd you have to go and do something so despicable. I could handle you hurting me, but I can never forgive you for hurting Sakura-chan."

"You okay, Naruto?" Sai asked, noticing that the blonde jinchuriki was hanging his head.

"Of course!" Naruto quickly yelled, as he flashed Sai a bright smile. "I'm just a little tired. Can't wait to get back home and get some rest."

"He must have been thinking about Sasuke again." Sai thought, deciding to drop the subject for now.

"Well you won't have to wait much longer, because we're here." Shisui said, just as the village gates come into view. "Welcome back to Konoha everyone."