Chapter 18: Silencing the Sound

(2 Days Later)

Naruto's team was staying at a small inn about a half days travel from Otokagure. Each member of the team was assigned a room, so they could relax and rest before they arrived in Oto. Currently Sakura was sitting on her bed with Naruto's head pressed against her stomach.

"Okay Naruto I get that you're excited, but this is getting ridiculous." Sakura said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"But Sakura-chaaan are kids are in here." Naruto whined as he rubbed Sakura's slightly distended stomach.

"Naruto you've been like this for almost a half-hour. Go for a walk, figure out what we're gonna do once we get to Oto, just do something else!" Sakura exclaimed in an angry tone.

"Kami her mood swings are getting worse." Naruto muttered under his breath as he stood up.

"WHAT WAS THAT!?" Sakura roared as she slammed her fist into the top of Naruto's head.

Naruto groaned before he fell to the floor in a heap from the force of Sakura's punch. Sakura let out a surprised gasp, before she was instantly at Naruto's side healing his injuries.

"I'm so sorry Naruto-kun," Sakura exclaimed as tears fell from her eyes. "Please forgive me!"

Suddenly Naruto felt Sakura's arms wrap around him, as she pulled him into a tight hug.

"I have to deal with this for eight more months," Naruto thought as Sakura cried into his shoulder. "And it's not just Sakura, this is gonna happen to the rest of the girls too. Oh Kami please take me now." Naruto thought with a groan, before he started to comfort Sakura.

"You hate me now don't you?" Sakura cried causing Naruto to let out a long groan.

After nearly twenty minutes Sakura had finally calmed down, allowing Naruto time to slip out of the room. Naruto decided that Sakura was right, so he decided to go for a walk. He quickly informed the rest of his team, minus Anko who he couldn't find, before he walked out of the inn. The Sun was about to set, and the weather was nice as he walked through the forest surrounding the inn. Naruto allowed the peace and quiet of the forest surround him, as he walked in silence.

But he stopped in his tracks when he sensed a chakra signature nearby. Looking up Naruto spotted Anko sitting on tree branch above him. He saw that she had her head in her hands, as she looked off into the horizon. Deciding to check up on her, Naruto quickly pumped chakra into his legs and jumped up to the branch Anko was on.

"Hey Anko-chan!" Naruto said flashing her a bright grin.

Anko turned her head and gave Naruto a small smile.

"Oh hey gaki." Anko said softly as she scooted over a little, allowing Naruto to sit next to her.

"So what's on your mind?" Naruto asked as he wrapped an arm around Anko's waist, pulling her closer to him.

Anko reached a hand up, and subconsciously rubbed the curse mark on her neck. She bit her bottom lip, as she debated whether to tell Naruto or not. After a few moments she took a deep breath and spoke.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to go to Oto?" Anko asked earning a chuckle from Naruto.

"Of course!" Naruto exclaimed surprising Anko. "We're only gonna be there for a little while, and if they try anything funny we can handle any shit they throw at us. Plus we're doing this for you Anko-chan. Once we do this you can finally start to put your past behind you."

"It's just that I'm a little nervous about seeing Orochimaru." Anko said making Naruto pull her even closer.

"You have nothing to worry about Anko-chan. Me and the rest of the team will be there for you the entire time. If that snake teme does anything suspicious, we'll end him so quick he won't have time to blink."