PART 14

LISA'S POV

Jennie's searing gaze and surprise kiss yesterday befuddled my mind and body till today, preventing me from sleeping well the night after. Her actions and gestures are tricky to predict. I'm not sure if any of it is genuine or if she is simply a talented actress. I choose not to interpret it, just as I hope she will not interpret every gesture I showcased to her.

I smacked my head on my table for the third time since I couldn't focus on the report I was checking. When my secretary informed me that they had already received their initial report on my company's issue, I went to the office. And now I'm cursing nonstop since I can't read the report properly. Damn it, why are you still affecting me like this, Jennie?

I decided to take a break in the meantime to clear my mind. I can't accomplish anything if I keep acting like this. I requested my secretary to order me an iced Americano, which was an exquisite way to get myself up.

Now, I thanked myself for taking everything in before returning my focus to the report. My rage returns when I discover that the exporting was carried out in my company's basement. How did they get their vehicle inside without being detected by the guards? The CCTV cameras were also covered before they loaded the weaponry into the van, implying that the mastermind knew where the CCTV cameras were situated. They are undoubtedly familiar with the structure of my building. I promptly requested my secretary to gather all of my security personnel and told her that I would meet them in the basement. I can't rule out the chance that they have an ally disguised as one of my bodyguards.

My eyes pierced to every one of them. Reading their body language.

"No one of you didn't even notice a strange car entering my facility? How could you not question it if a delivery van entered the basement?" I asked them rigidly.

"According to the report, the van was already inside and stayed till 12 a.m. And the export was carried out around 1 a.m. It simply signifies that you aren't properly inspecting the parking lots and basement." I gave the files to the head security.

"Who was in charge that night?" I asked the head security. The head security looked at the date before returning his eyes to me.

"The assigned guard to inspect this date was Mr. Gavin and Mr. Huerter, ma'am." He uttered instantly.

"I want that two to step forward." I instructed. But before I could speak again, two guards bit something in their watches, causing them to tumble and convulse. Foam emerged from their mouths, hinting that they had taken something to kill themselves in an instant. Cyanide is the only drug I could think of.

"Fuck no!" I yelled and asked everyone to call for ambulance. I almost got them! Almost! If only they didn't kill themselves at instant!

The two mentioned bodyguards were, in fact, phoney bodyguards who applied solely for this role. How did I become so reckless about this? They altered their names and identities. The true owner of their identity was discovered dead in their refuge. They disguised, which made me think that the mastermind must have also disguised himself. This shit is becoming complicated as I dig more into it. It's making me dizzy.

My frustration grew even stronger when I received an email from my clan indicating that one of our allies was killed last night. I reviewed the list of our allies' names, and he's one of our biggest contributors. I facepalmed once more. How could these issues arise at the same time? It's as if they're stabbing me simultaneously. I quickly called Namjoon to investigate the incident since Bambam is busy tracking my subordinates. I emailed him the location of the crime and the identity of the victim. I also instructed him to look into the weapon that has been used. I hope he can get more information about it.