PART 34

The gunshot pings throughout the area, blood pours down, metal latches, and an agonizing scream fills the air. One person sank down as pain engulfed every cell of their soul and body. And a certain person had a thrill to hear the rasping sounds of misery.

"Lisa!" One person headed toward the scene with tears streaming down her frightened pupils.

Misery continued to rage. Agony continues to run through each other's bodies. One wonders when this torment will cease. One is scared of what has transpired. Nothing happens in line with expectations in this wicked world. Almost every day, they are surrounded by nothing but misery, suffering, and inanity.

When?

When will this end?

LISA'S POV

When I looked at Jiwon weeping in pain, my eyes widened, and a wry grin spread across my face. I closed my eyes for a moment, and then a gunshot rang out, but it wasn't his own doing.

"Lisa!" A familiar voice came running towards me. When I turned my head, it was Jennie.

"Jennie-" I got cut off when she immediately dropped down and hugged me tightly.

I instantly looked behind her and saw Hanbin aiming a gun at Jiwon, whom I assume he shot on his hand, causing him to fumble with his gun. After that, cops arrived on the scene. Jennie truly called backups. I was hoping for her to show up this early, and she didn't disappoint. I would have died by now if not for her. She saved my life this time. Jennie protected me this time.

"Jennie, I-" Jennie cuts me off.

"I told you to be careful!" Jennie cried out, her voice shaking and her eyes dripping with tears.

I couldn't respond because of the pain in my shoulder. I screech in pain, and Jennie becomes even more terrified when she sees it. A police officer approached me and inquired about what had transpired. I quickly told him everything before Jennie took me to the hospital. We left Hanbin behind in the meantime to look into the scene. Elder Taeyang was also in a hurry when he found out what had happened. He sent out agents to watch over us while he drove to Jiwon's house.

Meanwhile, Jennie remained quiet all across the ride. She was terrified and trembling, but she didn't say anything at all. I know she doesn't want to make things worse for me, but deep down, I know she's furious.

Fuck, I made her worry again. I'm so sorry, love.

Jennie quickly called for help, and she sensed relief to see one of her friends, a doctor. They immediately assisted me and did their part to remove the bullet from my shoulder. Jennie refused to leave the room and remained by my side till I fell asleep as a result of the anaesthesia. Before shutting my eyes, I cast a beaming gaze at Jennie. My heart was devastated after seeing her eyes filled with anxiety and a hint of revenge? Or am I experiencing hallucinations? I can't let that happen. I can't let Jennie's emotions dominate her that would transform her into someone I don't want her to be. It's my fault, fuck.

--

I didn't know what time I woke up. My eyes quickly searched for Jennie throughout the room, and I began to fret when I didn't see her. Did she go out or what? Fuck, she could have gone out to see Jiwon!

I stood up and was going to remove my dextrose when the door to the comfort room opened unexpectedly. I let out a sigh when I watched Jennie went out. She dashed out and hugged me when her eyes landed on me.

"I'm sorry, Jen." I whispered and caressed her back. She didn't respond and broke the hug.

"I told you to bring someone just to look after you or at least brought Handin with you. I was-I was so worried when I saw him pointing a gun to you." Jennie's voice was shaking. She's starting to voice out her feelings inside her.