PART 39

JENNIE'S POV

We got up early this morning exactly as planned so we could arrive at my parents' house on time. The ambience appeared pleasant, the ideal weather for us to relax and rejuvenate our minds, particularly Lisa. Lisa's mind was still fixated with the details that we found out yesterday, so I had to divert her focus by urging her to play on her PlayStation. I know she won't pass up that opportunity, considering it was our first playtime together following our breakup.

"We're here to relax, love. For the time being, lose track over those things. Okay? Mom and Dad would swarm us with questions if they saw our discomfort, especially since they knew I was on a one-month leave and had already read about your company. They will definitely ask for it. But let us answer them plainly. They might become anxious about us. Okay?" I reached for her hand as soon as she parked the car in front of my parent's house.

"Don't worry, love. I know our purpose here. We're here to relax and spend time with your parents." Lisa smiled.

"Our parents." I corrected her.

Lisa's smile widened even more after that. Before we could continue talking, the front door opened, revealing mom and dad, who were clearly waiting for us to arrive. We both composed ourselves first before exiting the car. They greeted us enthusiastically and embraced us. They had already cooked breakfast for us, exactly as they had stated before. They cooked our favourite meals and made our favourite drinks. I'm amazed they remember all of this after we were separated for so long.

I thought my reverence was a little obnoxious, but Lisa's was more apparent. She walked straight to our dining room, and her eyes expanded as she saw everything. Dork, this is much like the first time you came to see me and my parents to introduce yourself as my girlfriend. A deja vu for us, I must say.

"Wow. You really still remember our favourite food and drinks as a couple even though we got separated for how many months, mom and dad." Lisa's voice was filled with astonishment and guided me to sit after saying those.

"Well, your father couldn't remember some of those, but luckily, my memory is still sharp." Mom chuckled.

"I'm getting old. I can't blame myself with that." Dad answered back and chuckled after that.

"You better make it up to them by cooking dinner tonight." Mom stated, pointing her finger to my father.

"Uh, can we just order a food?" Father scratched her head. He still doesn't trust his cooking skills.

"Or unless you want to taste a bad food that you'll never forget for the rest of your life." Dad warned us and even raised his head. We all laughed because of that, and when I glanced at Lisa, she was clearly having fun. I'm glad I took her here.

"And I won't let you do that. Gosh Minho, you're already old, and yet you still can't cook." Mom shook her head while chuckling.

"My wife and my daughter are good at cooking. I don't need to learn it." Dad stated.

"Well then, you two eat your breakfast and enjoy your stay here. I need to wash the laundry for a bit, and your father will buy foodstuffs for us." Mom spoke and tapped our shoulders.

"Okay, mom. Thank you for this delicious meal." Lisa answered back then grabbed the utensils.

We began tasting the meal that mom had prepared for us as soon as they left the dining area. Lisa did not waste any more time and started grabbing one piece of each dish. Damn, she even put the same quantity of dish on my plate.

"Love, this is too much." I complained while looking at my plate.

"No, you must eat it all. We're here to enjoy every moment of it. Right? So we must eat whatever mom and dad have cooked.." Lisa answered back.