PART 6

LISA'S POV

The tranquillity within this Italian restaurant is soothing, and it creates a pleasant atmosphere for us. Everyone enjoys conversing with their dates and eating in front of them. I brought Jennie here for something new. This is new for us, we've never been to an Italian restaurant before, so this would be ideal. I hope.

We ordered wine as we waited for our food. I know Jennie's alcohol tolerance. That's why I chose the non alcoholic one. Or the least one. If she still hasn't changed, of course. But even so, she's still with me, and she's my responsibility if ever.

"So. Something has shifted, I assume. I don't see any reason for you to ask me for dinner." Jennie straightly uttered. I'm not surprised. She's still a straightforward person.

"Then there's no reason for me to beat around the Bush." I said dryly.

"Go on." she fixed her posture and gazed at me.

"Marry me." I stated tightly.

Her expression changed, and shock is visible in her eyes. I already expected this. Her mouth remained closed while staring at me.

"Excuse me? Did I hear that right?" She finally talked.

"Yes. I said, marry me." I uttered again and leaned closer to the table.

"What's the idea?" She asked again. I know this would happen.

"I need you to marry me. I want someone to play as my wife." I shortly explained, and I saw her exhaled deeply.

"I don't get it. Why would you want me to marry you?" Jennie asked again.

"We're not together anymore. Marriage is a serious matter, Lisa." she said seriously. This time, the aura changed. It became awkward again.

"It's my father's last will. He wants me to run the company, and marrying someone is his requirement. He wants me to play like I'm not entailed with any private and dreadful schemes of the company. Marrying someone is a plan to prove that I'm only living a normal life, living with my wife since I'm and going to be the new CEO. Like, I'm running the company normally." I explained, hoping for her to get it.

"Why me?" she questioned again. I know this shit is baffling her.

"I have three reasons." I raised my three fingers.

"First, you don't care about me. Second, you don't give a fuck about money or anything relating to my company and third, you don't love me. We can act like a couple outside and in private, we're on our own." I expounded.

I'm not sure if she was annoyed, irritated, or disappointed by what I told her, but her countenance changed into an inscrutable expression. I couldn't understand her this time. I stayed silent, fidgeting with my fingers as I waited for her to speak. I admit that her aura scares me.

"Let me clear something to you, Lisa." she finally talked and exhaled deeply before talking again.

"If I get married, I want it to be real. I want to marry onetime only. I don't want to remarry someone again once your agreement is completed, and I want my marriage life to be reputable." she stated directly but couldn't look at me straightly.

Why would she consider marrying someone again? Doesn't she want to be my wife forever?

Kidding.

"You can't just ask me to marry you, Lisa. It feels kind of weird knowing that I'm your ex." Jennie added. But her eyes never met mine after she stated the marriage thing. What's up, Jennie?

"I understand. I'm sorry for asking." I apologised and leaned back on my seat.

Atleast I tried. She must've considered that guy Taehyung to be her husband. That guy is her suitor anyway.