PART 44

JENNIE'S POV

"Jennie!" A voice reverberated in my ears, snapping my senses. My body jolted up and raced out of the room. I disregarded the weight in my body, my eyes were still foggy, and my thoughts were fuzzy since I sensed urgency based on the pitch of the voice.

"What happened?" Lisa quickly removed her apron.

"I received a call informing me that Mom was involved in a car accident! She's already in the emergency room right now. We need to hurry, get my keys, and I'll contact my clan to investigate the collision spot!" Lisa was also in a state of panic, and she pulled out her phone again while setting aside the food that she was preparing, and I ran to get her keys. Damn it! What happened to mom? And where the hell is Dad again? Fuck!

Questions were again going through my thoughts, but I disregarded them for a while since we needed to check mom to the hospital. I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings, but my sight was drawn to the specific spot of my parents' room. It was somewhat open, but there was something odd. I can sense it. The room was dark, but I could feel a shift in its presence. It went from having a bright and colourful setting to one that felt daunting. My feet dragged me to see what was within, but Lisa's words drew me back in. Fuck, I'll check it later, mom is our main priority right now.

Troubled eyes, shaky hands, and feet pacing back and forth, overthinking has consumed my entire body during the waiting period. My mind isn't working properly since I tried so hard to think of anything that might have set up something like this to Mom. Lisa called dad several times and even called her subsidiary office to check on him. Heat is permeating my entire body, and I feel as if my heart is going to explode. My worst nightmare could come true at any time now once Lisa discovers the issue with Dad. This predicament has become a burden to me, permeating my entire darn head.

"Love, dad is not answering. I've been calling him multiple times. I called my subsidiary office already, and they told me he filed a resignation letter last night. I don't know what's going on, but why do I feel like this is connected to what we're going through? Fuck, they're starting to touch mom and dad." Frustration overtakes Lisa's body and even slightly punched the wall. Damn it, I don't know if this is a good idea or timing, but I think I should tell her already.

I didn't expect dad to quit his work, let alone do this to mom. Dad had poured his sweat and blood since the start of his profession, yet he threw it away like that. How could he hurt his wife? These recent events have only led me to one conclusion. Dad is determined to take down Lisa and even abandoned everything, even us, in order to carry out his plan. I know I seem accusatory, but dad won't just vanish like this unless he is implicated in what happened to mom. Right?

"Lisa, I-there's something I want to tell you." Lisa tilted her head, and her eyes were looking at me confusedly.

"You called me by my name, so I believe this is something important. Go on." My hand clinched as I attempted to calm myself down. I'm not sure how she'd react, but this is the most suitable choice among the other ones. Lisa saw my unsteady hands and was drawn in her position, closing the gap between us.

"I'm here." Lisa reached by my shoulder, caressing it to ease me down. Alright, there's no turning back in this.

Fuck, I'm a bit frightened, but there's no turning back and I trust Lisa.

"Dad is—" My words were cut off when the doctor came out of the room.

"Any relatives of Mrs. Kim?" The doctor asked.

"I'm her daughter." I walked in front of him with a loud thud in my heart. Fuck, I hope mom is okay.

"I've got good and bad news for you. The good news is that your mother is out of danger. Unfortunately, the trauma on her skull had an influence on her brain. She's in a medically induced coma. We don't know when she'll wake up. It depends on her body. However, we will constantly monitor her. Her CT scan results will arrive in a time. We'll do everything we can to help her." The doctor said and dipped his head slightly.