PART 33

LISA'S POV

The morning we expected was not particularly pleasant, as Jennie and I were on our way to the hospital after receiving a notice that Taehyung had been involved in an accident. Despite the fact that I didn't appreciate how he treated me and how he kept pushing things between him and Jennie, he's still a significant part of Jennie's business success.

"How is he, Doc?" Jennie asked the doctor.

"He's alright now. However, he suffered a fracture in his left arm, bruises across his body, and a serious cut on his lower leg that required 12 stitches. He's still unconscious right now. But you can pay him a visit inside. His family is inside." The doctor explained before heading out.

"Love. Is it okay if we check him for a while?" Jennie asked me.

"Of course. I'm not prohibiting you with anything, love. There's no need to ask for my permission." I pulled her by waist.

"Let's go." I smiled at her and reached for the door knob.

When we entered, we discovered an unconscious Taehyung lying on a hospital bed. He had an oxygen concentrator attached to him, a bandage covering his head, and a neck brace for support. How did he get into this kind of accident? Was he driving fast, inebriated, or something?

"Hello ma'am. I'm Jennie Kim–Manoban. The CEO of where Taehyung is working." Jennie immediately walked towards his parents.

"What happened, ma'am?" Jennie added.

"The investigation revealed a brake failure. But I doubt it. Knowing Taehyung, he loves his car so much that he will check everything to ensure that all of its parts are in functioning condition before using it. He doesn't even drive rapidly. I don't understand why he sustained this badly." Taehyung's mother sobbed while holding his hand.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. We will assist you in investigating this situation. We will also help you with anything. He's one of my company's most hardworking employees, and I will make every effort to support him by assisting you during this difficult time." Jennie patted Taehyung's mother's back and turned her gaze toward him.

While looking at them, I returned attention to him. Examining everything he had sustained. And, honestly, if you don't drive excessively fast, you won't experience these kinds of injuries. Someone had purposefully loosened his brake pads or set him up for an accident. I don't want to speculate or accuse anyone, but why did this happen after Kai and Jennie talked about him yesterday? It's somewhat suspicious. Right?

Come on, Lisa. You're better than this. Stop speculating without evidence.

But, before I could step away, I noticed a mark. The identical mark as my private agent showed me. I swiftly approached him and stared at it. I can't be mistaken. This is the identical mark that they used on our murdered clients and maybe on my father. What the hell? What is the meaning of this? Are they also including Jennie's subordinates now? Fuck. This can't be happening. They are attempting to infiltrate everything around me.

"Ma'am? Can I ask something?" I softly ask her mother.

"Did Taehyung have a tattoo on his body or any portion of it?" I asked gently, attempting to conceal my nerves.

"As far as I remember, he doesn't have one. Why did you ask?" Her mom looked at me suspiciously.

"Oh, nothing, ma'am. It happened that I saw his mini tattoo on his wrist." I reasoned out. So that's it, they marked him. Should I tell Jennie about this? She's looking at me concernly now. Yeah, I should. As I promised her, I would tell her everything.

Before heading outside, I told Jennie to stay for a while and that I would wait for her outdoors. While I waited, I invited Jisoo and Seulgi to meet me at our house to discuss some issues. I need them for this. They work in one of Manoban Corporation's sectors, and I know they are familiar with everyone around them. I will handle the other sections.