PART 1

LISA'S POV

When I opened my eyes, the surroundings weren't what I was used to feel. It's not that I'm alone, but there's such a deafening stillness this time. The silence serves as a constant reminder that the motivation behind my increased independence, achievement, and accomplishment of beyond my expectations is now gone. He left me. The last person I know I can turn to when I'm surrounded by darkness is now gone, my father.

I closed my eyes, my fists cramping the sheets, knowing that my father did not pass away from old age or illness. He was shot. Someone had killed him. Although father's colleagues have leads and their target, they lack substantial proof to support it.

"Fucking killers. Fuck you all" I mumbled as I got up on my bed. I immediately stride towards my bathroom.

I let the cold water run throughout my face and body to ease up this burning sensation in and outside of me. I'm angry, ofcourse. Who wouldn't, right? Although he treated me unfairly, and I'm not his favorite, middle child things, he's still my father.

I was at the middle of my conference meeting when my elder brother called me and informed me about our father. I immediately booked a flight and cancelled all my remaining schedules for the whole month to pay respect to him.

Now, I'm on my way to where his wake is. My friends are already there, including my two siblings. For the record, I'm not close to them. My elder brother, Jackson and our youngest, Haruto. Yes, I'm the only woman, and it made me think sometimes that, maybe this is the reason why I got this thing in me. You know, the male thing in me. I was born with it. Crazy, right?

I got back to reality when I saw our family house. It's been years since I last saw it. Still the same before I decided to leave and be on my own.

"Lisa. My deepest sympathy for you and your family" Jisoo hugged me as soon as she saw me walking inside.

"Thank you Chu." I responded then patted her shoulder.

"Bro, my condolences." Seulgi talked and hugged me too.

"Thank you both for coming" I responded back and walked inside.

"Ofcourse. Uncle has been so nice to us. Tell us when you are ready to hear everything. We are always ready" Jisoo glanced at me. I only gave her a weak smile and nod.

They stopped in the middle of the room, letting me walk in front. I saw my two siblings, standing beside our father's coffin.

"You came. I'm surprised" Jackson immediately talked. He did not even give me a few seconds to settle my feet in front of it.

"Let's set aside the hatred inside us, can we?" I stated, looking at my father.

"This could've been avoided if you were just around, Lisa." He ignored my words.

"What would've changed if I was here? We don't know anything, as per father's colleagues" I calmly talked.

"We could've protected him!" he slightly raised his voice.

"You two are here. What the fuck did you do for him? You two failed to protect him too. Don't put the blame on me, Jackson." This time, I looked at him.

"What would a hard-headed and troubled college student do? Haruto is a pain in the ass not just for me but with father too!" hatred is seen on his eyes.

"Will you two just please stop? Could you please respect our father? Really? In front of him?" Haruto bravely talked.

"What would Father feel if he hears you two fighting and blaming each other again, huh?" Haruto added. His eyes are filled with tears, his voice is shaky. His hands were trembling, I immediately held him and cooed him down.