9. Zayn's Birthday

Walking past the publishing house, Louis' hands started to sweat and his pulse picked up a notch. They were getting closer and his mind was making up horrible scenarios. All of them ended with Louis leaving the party in shambles for different reasons. Being noticed, being humiliated, being used, being embarrassed, being laughed at for being an awkward mess, making a fool of himself.

"I can see every single one of your worries floating around your head, Louis" Aria stopped him in his tracks, putting her hands on his shoulders. "Why exactly are you so scared?".

"Mainly because I don't know what to expect. I don't even know Zayn and Niall wasn't too happy with me the last we've seen each other. I don't want this to be extremely awkward for him. He was nice enough to think of me. I don't want him to regret it" Louis admitted small, never able to really lie to Aria. It was impossible.

"He won't. He knows all of these things and still invited you. Hell, he let you bring me along to make it easier for you. That sounds like both he and Zayn are very empathetic people" Aria showed him that he was blowing this out of proportion yet again.

Her words made him think of Harry taking into account that Louis could be scared to get noticed by anyone and making sure he knew that it would be impossible today. He really was very empathetic and compassionate. He was bloody special. And it only made sense that his friends were just like him.

"Besides, you know Àmbar and that's better than nothing, don't you think?" Aria smiled encouragingly at him.

"You're right, like always" Louis rolled his eyes at her fondly. "Oh, that reminds me that I think you two could really get along".

"You think so?" Aria didn't sound convinced.

"I know so. She's lovely and rambles just as much as the both of us when she's nervous. I suspect social anxiety but she tries to cover it up" Louis told her, thinking back to their conversation.

"Is it weird that this calmed me down a little bit?" Aria pursed her lips guiltily.

"Not at all, Love" Louis flicked her chin lovingly. "I'm surprised you even agreed to come with me, to be honest. Feeling better with knowing that someone else might not like big crowds is not something to feel guilty about".

"You said it won't be a big crowd" Aria frowned at his words.

"That's was Harry said but who the fuck knows how he defines big. I barely know that guy. Could be huge" Louis shrugged, only realising how his reply sounded when it was too late. "God, damn it. That's not what I meant".

"It was hilarious to see you realise what you just said, Will" Aria toppled over in laughter. "One of a kind, for real".

"I hate you" Louis grumbled childishly.

"No, you don't" Aria nudged him, beckoning him to continue their walk towards Zayn's loft. "And that Zayn guy is really some kind of model?".

"That's what I was told" Louis racked his brain for what Harry had told him during their walk back to the bakery. "He's rarely home and that's why they're throwing this party for him. It's the first time in years that he's home for his birthday apparently".

"Lovely gesture" Aria noted simply.

"It is" Louis agreed with her, spotting the building they were heading towards in the distance. "But according to Harry, Zayn actually isn't a big party person, more of an introvert. That's why the 'crowd' won't be too big. Only people they know".

"That sounds fucking vague" Aria snorted amusedly. "Only people they know. With us, that would be a pretty small 'party' but with them, that could be a loft filled to the brim. We can't know".