29. Lost Secrets

"Why Croissant Crown though?" Louis asked Harry something he had wanted to ask him for ages while eating another forkful of his pasta. "I always wanted to know the origin of the name".

"Sarah's grandma, who owned the bakery before us, had a thing for croissants and was known for them. When she finally opened her own bakery, she knew it had to be in the name" Harry told him animatedly, chewing his chicken. "And Crown was her last name. It kinda just asked to be included in the name".

"Oh, definitely. With a name like that, you need to use it" Louis saved another memory to everything he knew about Harry and would cherish forever. "It's sweet of you to keep the name".

"We thought it would be wrong to change it" Harry shared their reason with him. "Besides, we still sell those croissants".

"And they're delicious" Louis took another bite of his meal.

"That kinda reminds me of something" Harry put his fork down and looked at him intensely. "Have you told your mother about me yet? Like, does she know about my ... abilities?".

Wiping his mouth on a napkin, Louis took a sip from his drink. "I haven't told her yet. It's not something I wanna tell her over the phone in case she thinks I'm kidding. I'm gonna tell her when I see her next Sunday for family dinner".

"Makes sense," Harry said non-committally.

"She won't think differently of you, Love" Louis reached across the table to grab his hand, making them lock eyes. "She won't care that you're magic and my sisters neither when they'll know".

"You can tell them on Sunday as well, all in one go" Harry's hand exposed how anxious he actually was about this.

"Maybe. Maybe not. Let's see if there's a chance to make them listen to anything I say" Louis pictured all of them eating together next week and just knew it would be pure chaos like every time. "I just know my Mum will fuss over Sophia most of the time".

"How is she doing?" Harry hooked curiously, turning his hand around to intertwine their fingers.

"Good. The pregnancy is going fine so far and she's excited to meet her babygirl even though she still has at least three months to go" Louis let him know enthusiastically.

"But three months from now she'd only be in her eighth month. Do you think she'll get the baby too early?" Harry frowned at his words, worry written in his eyes, which made Louis smile.

"There is a tendency to deliver babies too early in our family, so the chances are high, especially with the first baby" Louis grinned at him happily, Harry's concern warming his heart. "Let's hope she might break the curse".

"Funny" Harry clicked with his tongue but then his phone beeped quietly, gaining his attention. "One second".

Eyeing his boyfriend, Louis just knew whatever news he had gotten weren't entirely good news. The wrinkle on his forehead was back and that only ever happened when he was worried about something. It was adorable but stressful. Louis didn't want his boy to be worried about anything. Realistically, he knew he couldn't stop the world from giving Harry reasons to worry but he could still wish he could protect him from everything.

"Everything okay?" Louis checked softly, squeezing Harry's hand to gain his attention. "Landlord?".

"Innit" Harry locked his phone and put it down on the table. "He just sent me an email with the details for everything".

"Does this mean there's a date now? When do you have to move out?" Louis pulled his bottom lip between his teeth in worry.

"June" Harry revealed to him on a long exhale. "I've been pushing flat-hunting off for so long now but I can't hide any longer, I guess. It's happening now. I'm really moving. I hate moving".