trauma

"See I am sorry na!! "
" You don't need to be sorry " she replied without looking at me. But I was relieved that she at least replied.
She was crying, lying on her stomach and hugging her pillow.
" It's not your fault!! And whatever you said was true. I am really stupid. That's why anyone can take advantage of me and I don't even realize that. "
I placed my hand on her shoulder and said softly " It's not like that, you know I was angry at that time. I didn't mean what I said"

" You told me once to pay attention to what people say in anger, that's exactly what they mean " She cried hard and it just made me so guilty. Yes, I said that to her. But for other people, not me.
" Listen, my baby.... "
" Please go from here, leave me alone"
" Sanchi please, you know, for me you are the smartest kid"
" I don't want to be the smartest for you, because what I am for you doesn't matter. You are my brother, you will accept me despite how useless I am. I want to be the smartest for others. "
" It doesn't matter what others think about you. "

"It does, They think I am dumb that's why I don't have friends"
" That's not necessary "
" It's not but still it signifies what kind of person you are. "
" Then I am your friend na, why do you need someone else"
" That's the problem, you are my only friend. " she looked at me. Her eyes were completely red because of crying.
" Shivu, be honest. If I wasn't your sister, would you have ever befriended me "
" Why wouldn't I? Who can refuse to be friends with a cute girl like you"

She furiously threw a pillow at me " Stop lying to me. Just get out of my room"
"S........ ”
" Get out!!!! ”
She shouted at me. For the first time, she raised her voice at me. She is hurt and I am the reason behind it.
She pushed me a little. She hopped down from bed and pushed me towards the door.
"Go...!!!! "

________
In the evening

Sara
" I am fine Sara! ”
"Ammiii!!!! " I looked at her in disbelief. "You think I am blind!! ” I touched a red mark on her jaw "You think I can't see this, you are fine with this? ”

She removed my hand from her face and gently held it with a squeeze.
" I said na I am okay, Itna to chalta hai "

"Haa chalta hai!! Fir bhale ye ek din nhi roz roz hota ho."
" Chup kro tumhare abbu sun lenge " She whisper shouting at me to make me shut. I rolled my eyes. I jerked off her hand in anger and spat.
" To sun le. Punching bag bnakr rakh diya hai aap ko”

Saying that I angrily left for my room. I don't want to see his face right now or I will kill him.
"Are khana to kha le"
" Bhukh nhi hai!! ”
She followed me to my room but I closed the door on her face.
" Sara baby, please open the door. You must be tired of working all day. You need energy, don't sleep on an empty stomach”

"Leave me alone Ammi!!” I shouted at her.
" Baby.... "
" Go!!!! ”
After two minutes of silence, I heard footsteps and then they faded.
My stomach twisted with pain.
How can someone be so cruel?
If not care he could at least feel pity for my mother. A little bit of mercy. Humanity? Nothing.

I wiped my tears harshly and walked to the washroom. When I closed the door I heard a thud.
I ignored it and turned the tap on. I watched my face in the mirror. I look pathetic. I put my hands under the tap. And the cold water touched my fingers. I harshly rubbed my hands together. I did it for a good minute and removed my hands.
My hand reached for the facewash but I heard another voice. And this time it was someone banging on my door.
" Api!! " My heart panicked. No, not again.
" Api! Darvaja kholo"
I immediately turned the tap off and exited the washroom. I walked to the door and when I opened it, Ishaan was there with a worried face.
My heart dropped when I heard screaming " No please, it's not my fault"
Amma voice.

Ishaan held my hand " Api, please do something! "
I scanned the living room and I saw things scattered on the floor. And that broken vace.....
My heart dropped.
That vace was treasured for ten years. My father was quite sensitive about it. Too much sensitive.

I heard another thud from my left side. It was his room.
No.
No way.....
" Api please do something!!! ” he cried.
I ran to their room and tried to open the door. But it was locked from the inside.
I flinched hard when I heard a scream from my mom. I gulped.
" It wasn't my fault”
"If your son destroys my valuable things it's your fault. " I heard a slap.
My heart started racing

" Abbu!!!! ” I banged my fist on the door.
" Abbu open the door!!! " I shouted.
I twisted the door knob thinking I can open the door but it was useless. It's locked.
" Ammii" Ishaan started crying.
" Please Abbu, open the door I am begging you!!!! ” I shouted again.
"Don't hit her please" My eyes teared up.
My throat dried because of the nonstop shouting. I shouted almost for fifteen minutes. But no one opened the door.
" Abbu, please!! ”
" I will bring the same vace for you, please " What I said was illogical. I don't have one percent money of the market price of that vase. But I have to save my mom from him.

" Abbu!!!! ” I gulped and then suddenly I didn't hear any noise from inside. My heart panicked.
I twisted the door knob harshly " Ammi!!! Are you hearing me, please open the door. "

" Ammi!! "
" Please open the door!! "

" She isn't dead!!! ” said my father and my heart dropped. I felt a little relieved because that's what I thought when I didn't hear her voice.
"Abbu, please open the door. "

"If you want her alive, don't bother me!"
" Ab..... "
" You want me to hit her again.... "
" No please, no I am going "
I looked at my brother and my heart ached. He was crying badly.
" Api!! ” he hugged me and started crying. "It's all happening because of me ”
" No Ishaan!! " I caressed his hair " It's not your fault "
Truth is everything is my fault. I have witnessed this from the start and not even once I could protect my mom. I am such a bad daughter.
" Let's go from here ” he is crying, he isn't fine. I don't want my little brother to get traumatized. I need to do something.
I made him sit on my bed and wiped his face " Don't cry, please! "
" Api, when are we leaving this house,” he said holding my hand tightly " Soon!! ”

I kissed his forehead " Just give me a little bit more time and I will fix everything. You trust your Api na? "
He nodded.
" We will go far away from here. In our own house, only you, me and Ammi!! And we will be living a happy and peaceful life ” I assured him and as usual he trusted me.
At least he has me to soothe him. When I was a kid, I saw the worst. He is ten but I don't want to let him live life like this. I have to do something.

_______
Guys, I hope you like the chapter. Please do vote and comment.