mouthpiece

I ran to the space where she fainted.
" Sara, what happened, babe open your eyes," A girl who seemed to be her only friend in the office said.

" Saraa!!!! " She patted her face a little.
I kneeled down beside her and touched her face to check.
" Call the doctor!! " I told her friend and she nodded
" And all of you, please get back to your work " I ordered all the employees who gathered there.
I lifted her and took her to my cabin. I laid her down on my couch and her friend followed us.
I was feeling different movements in my stomach as I saw her fainting. I felt..... I don't know what was that. I shouldn't feel anything like that, I am not the reason if she is not okay.
It's a same feeling I had when I saw her smoking and her eyes were drenched in tears.
The rollercoaster inside my stomach is.....
It's...it's just insane.
__________

Sara pov

If I listed the most embarrassing things I have done in my life, blacking out at my workplace in front of everyone would be on top.
And worst part is one of the people who saw me was my boss whom I hate the most.
Why?????
Why????
I am asking again " Why?????????? "
It's been five days since the incident happened but I am still not able to get over it.

I felt someone shaking me by my shoulder to drag me down to earth.
I sighed and took a glance at Anshika.
I have been out with her for some shopping. The weird part is none of us is doing that wholeheartedly.
I mean doing shopping for the wedding she doesn't want to have. Nor do I want her to get married.

" You know babe, I think just take that previous option, this one is quite messy," I said looking at the jewellery set she was showing me.
" And this one won't go with your clothes either "
She nodded innocently. I grinned.
At least I have one person who listens to my choices. For her, there is no second thought when I suggest something.

'Why don't you take something for yourself? 'She asked me in a sign language.
" You know I don't like pieces of jewellery!! " I told her and she nodded. It's damn frustrating, she has to marry that monster. Why God?
My blood boiled when I noticed that jerk coming back. Her fiance, Yash. He was with us for shopping. He just went to attend some call or whatever it was. Who cares?

"Which one you choose sweetheart?? " He asked taking a seat beside her. I noticed her face getting pale when he touched her waist like a creep.
I took a deep breath to avoid the sudden urge to cut his hands.
" God Anshika your choice is so outdated " He said with disgust as he touched the set she told him.
" Not this at all!!! "
" Well you gave her a chance to choose, so you can't judge now " I said sternly. I know it doesn't matter what she was going to wear to her wedding when the groom is actually not her choice but right now I can't let him have the satisfaction that she will do whatever he says.
" That's the only design she liked and that's final!! "
" I think you are not her mouthpiece!! "
"But I am "
Anshika grabbed my hand to signal me to be quiet but I can't.
" Listen, Yash, you already said you would let her do whatever she wants today, and she can buy something she likes. So ...... "
" But I will decide what my wife wears, not you miss mouthpiece "
I am not offended by the fact that he called me her mouthpiece. I will take it as a compliment if it's for my best friend.

" Darling, you will choose another design right?? " He asked looking at Anshika she was so weak in front of him that she just nodded.
"You are threatening her!! "
" Who said? "
" Yash if.......... " I gulped my words as I saw Anshika's pleading eyes.
I know she was tired of his dominant behaviour. And now she wants peace. And for that peace, she would try her best not to disobey him.
I dropped the idea of arguing with him for the sake of my girl.

His smug sent a hint of annoyance to my nerves.
After some time we were at the counter to pay the bills. He was paying the bills meanwhile i was standing behind him with Anshika. I patted her shoulder to assure that everything would be fine.
Time will heal everything.
She smiled at me. I am dying to see her true smile, not the fake I have been seeing from years.
That smile is when she talk about the little girl she just started babysitting few weeks ago. That smile when she talk about her employer.
Not the smile of compromise.
I was staring at her face but my eyes thinned in confusion when I heard a familiar voice from behind.