9

i hope this chapter makes sense😰🙏

"naomi, come ill teach you how to use a sniper"
roach said the moment he stepped foot into the living, its been a couple of days since the soup incident with ghost and i haven't seen him since.

"ok" i nodded and stood up.

roach led me to the outside where they all practice their gun shooting.

"okay so, take that one over there and show me how you reload that sniper"
he said while pointing at one of the snipers, so i go and pick the one he pointed at, grab a set of amo and load in the magazine.

"mm, good ok, now try and shoot"
and so i positioned myself to shoot one of the further cans in the distance.

my steadiness was good, and managed to hit 4 cans, missing one.

"wow naomi you are a fast learner huh?"
roach said while chuckling.
he patted my shoulder,

"i'll be right back you just keep practicing okay? alright."
and then i was left alone. i reloaded my magazine after some time and was doing already way better at shooting the targets.

if i wanna join them i have to train hard.
and so i did, every day now i am, was and did train a lot until my muscles just almost gave up on me.

john scolded me for it a lot, for overdoing myself but i can't get his worries get in the way of me becoming at least a decent soldier.

my mind was blank, my eyes focused, as i kept shooting the cans and bottles from far away, my ears deafened out all the noise, i was focused so hard, hitting everything, not missing once.

the moment i hear faint footsteps i snap out of my trance and immediately point the sniper at the person who was coming my way.

"woah- woah-! naomi chillout im not one of the targets"
roach said while slightly laughing, putting his hands up in the air, he had two soda cans in his hands.

i blink at him, once, twice and then i snap out of it.

"uh- sorry roach"
i quickly apologised and put the sniper down.
roach just smiled at me and gave me one of the sodas he was holding, and then looked up ahead of me.

"woah you managed to hit them all?"

i nodded with a smile on my face, he ruffled my hair.

"good job naomi"
he said smiling back.

i just chuckled and opened the can, and took a big sip but immediately started coughing.. this wasn't soda??

"oh- naomi shit sorry thats the wrong drink- thats my beer sorry"
he quickly gave me the other can and took the one i was just holding.

i didn't know that beer was so.. bitter?
(keep in mind she never rlly had alcohol)

"that was bitter"

i said while frowning, opening my can of soda and taking a small sip now, yep it was soda now for real.

"haha.. sorry kid"
he said apologetically.

"hey, you two.. price all wants to see us get inside."
we suddenly heard gaz yell to us.

"alright-! be there ina sec"
roach yelled out.

gaz just gave us a thumbs up and went back inside.

"hey- naomi you did good today"
he gave me a nice genuine smile, and i gave him one back.

"oh- you have a leaf in your hair.. let me just.."

he raisd his hand up to my hair and took out the leaf