Chapter 45: Tatsumi Returns

Before Torosu's beam was able to hit TJ; Esdeath managed to pick him up and dodge the beam just in time.

The beam kept going until it collided with one of the islands in the distance which then caused another planet-shaking explosion.

"I barely saw that shit... If that anyone of us... I don't want to think about it." Chelsea sputtered.

"How the hell did Esdeath see that?" Leone said.

"I don't even know but I'm glad she did." Akame said. "I would've lost it had TJ been hit by that."

"Yeah, no kidding." Leone said. 

"You okay, TJ?" Esdeath asked as she put TJ back on the ground. 

"Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks for saving me." TJ said with graditude.

"Of course." Esdeath smiled as she patted TJ on the head.

Esdeath turned her attention to Akame, Leone and Chelsea.

"You three don't get involved." Esdeath demanded.

"What?" Akame said.

"I'm fighting Torosu one on one." Esdeath said.

"You're crazy Esdeath." Leone said as Esdeath walked past her to the front.

"What are you saying?" Chelsea exclaimed. "You seriously think you can beat him?"

"Easily." Esdeath smirked.

"For real?" TJ said. 

"You all stay back and watch." Esdeath said.

"Someone is confident in themselves." Torosu said. "Fucking idiot. Are you that delusional?"

"That dumb smug look will be gone once you realize what you're up against because what stands before you now, is the legendary Imperial God." Esdeath stated.

"A what?" Chelsea said.

"An Imperial God? What is that?" Akame questioned. 

"She said something like that before." Leone said.

"Yeah, take a good long look at me." Esdeath said.

Torosu began chuckling.

"Wow, some humor you got there." Torosu chuckled. 

"Fine, scoff all you want." Esdeath said. "I'll just have to show you why you should fear the legends."

Icicles began sprouting up from the ground as a blue aura encased Esdeath. 

The ground began shaking