Steven's Lion

W/N: I feel bad for Y/N not having a place in the intro, so let's make one for her, shall we? Feel free to make a different one.

They...
Are the crystal gems
They always save the day
Although I get in their way..
They love me anyway
- That's why the people of this world -
Believe in
Garnet
Amethyst
And Pearl
And Steven!

...

A sand column collapsed, making a hill. Yes, we're walking through a desert to bubble some... object. Steven was panting as he crawled and complained. "W-water... Uh... so thirsty... for water..." Steven's voice cracked as he climbed up the hill.

"It'll be safer if you stand up and walk," Pearl suggested. I nodded in agreement. "I'm pretty sure crawling the whole way is much more tiring than walking," I assumed.

"You don't... understand. This is how... you're supposed to act... in the desert," Steven said. I put my hands on my knees and bent down to see Steven in front of me. "No, it's not. Steven, you're tiring yourself, stand up," I said.

Steven started panting and stood up, obeying. "Is this the thing? The place?" Steven asked Garnet. I stood up straight and crossed my arms.

"Yes, Steven. The power in this structed has turned aimless," Garnet explained with her hands on her hips. Everyone else walked up the hill.

"It's niildint columns with no roofs- stairs that go nowhere. This is out of control!" Pearl pointed out. Amethyst walked up behind Steven. "Then I guess we better - " She pushed herself up from Steven's head and flipped as they both shouted a little.

I moved before Amethyst could hit me. "...roll on over there," Amethyst completed once she sat down on the sand, and she chuckled. "That was a bit unnecessary. You could've hurt Y/N!" Pearl shouted.

"Nan nani ni nun-nani nani," Amethyst mocked. "Excuse me?!" Pearl shouted at Amethyst. A column behind us collapsed as we heard a creature roaring in the distance. My anxiety rose a little.

"What was that?" Steven asked, looking around the place. "Let's go!" Amethyst exclaimed, standing up. "It'll be best if you stay here, Steven and Y/N," Garnet commanded.

"We'll be quick," Pearl said as Amethyst and her ran somewhere. "What if something eats us?!" Steven asked Garnet, sweating a little top much.

"Do not worry," Garnet said, wiping some sweat off his face before spraying it on him. "Wet one," she ended. "There's nothing out here that can harm you," Garnet assured him.

"All right... I'm sure we'll be alright then!" I said positively. "Mhm, see you soon," Garnet said, walking off to join Pearl and Amethyst.

"Okay," Steven said. He walked down the hill, me following behind, and sat down, resting his back on a column. "Whew! It's... so... desert..." Steven said, lifting up his shirt to cover his face.

"Steven, it's a desert. Of course, it's gonna be so desert," I told him with half-lidded eyes. A column grew behind us. I closed my eyes as we heard a creature growling in the distance.

"What was that?" Steven asked. I opened up my eyes and saw nothing. "Something must be messing with our heads," I reassured him before closing my eyes again. I didn't realize how tired I was from walking two miles to get over here.