Lars and the Cool Kids/Luminae?

W/N: I'm pretty sure this chapter will be short since I don't think I would be able to allow Y/N to go with Lars, Steven, and the cool kids since there's no room for her in the car. But I'll be sure to add as much information about Y/N as I can without spoiling any future plans for this fanfic!

Now playing...

We... are the crystal gems
We'll always save the day
And if you think we can't
We'll always find a way
-        That's why the people of this world        -
Believe in
Garnet
Amethyst
And Pearl
And Steven! (And Y/N!)

________________________________________

We stood on top of a cliff, looking down at a lake with moss in it. It was a pretty sight... for me, at least.

"This doesn't look good at all," Pearl said with her hands on her hips as she looked down. "How so? It's just a lake," I asked.

Steven leaped from rock to rock. "Whoa! Cool!" Steven said as he bent down to try and touch the moss. "No, Steven!" Amethyst and Pearl tried calling out as Garnet grabbed a giant Boulder and threw it down, flipping the rock Steven was on so he could fly all the way into Pearl's arms.

"Steven's here!" Steven said, holding onto Pearl. Pearl placed Steven beside me. "You have to be careful, Steven!" Pearl instructed before turning back to look at the lake.

"Why?" Steven asked. I nodded, noting that I had the same question as him. A duck landed on a branch, which the moss took hold of and broke apart. Before the duck could get stuck in the moss, it quickly flew away.

"What is that stuff?" Steven asked the gems. "It's the moss that Rose Quartz raised on the hill," Garnet explained.

"My mom planted this stuff?" Steven asked, waiting for reassurance. "Why would she plant this if it's swallowing everything that goes near it?" I asked.

"Rose Quartz used to climb that hill every spring and tend to the moss at the top. But now that Rose is... gone, the moss is on the move," Pearl explained, answering both of our questions.

"It's lost," Steven said, feeling bad for the moss. "It's not lost. It's gross," Amethyst corrected with the back of her hands on her hips.

"Yes, but Rose loved it anyway. She saw the beauty in everything, no matter how gross," Pearl explained. What about my mom? Did she do anything to help...?

"Fortunately, I know just what to do in this situation," Pearl said, flipping her hair braggingly.

...

We all sat down as we faced Pearl's back. She then suddenly jumped back into a pose. "Tooooiiiiii!" She said, her voice cracking on purpose... I think.

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" She said as a white glow came out of her gem, just like when Amethyst and Pearl were fusing.

Steven looked at Amethyst and whispered. "This is why I get up in the morning," He admitted.