Chapter Five

Anamika's pov :

Me and Rohan were on a hunt. Not for gifts but for Sara. That girl is a major shopaholic. We left her for 5 minutes that too just at the entrance of the mall and now she is gone. I called her phone 5 times but once she starts shopping, she goes into an entirely different world.
" How can she walk so fast and so much in malls but can't even walk a mile normally " groaned Rohan. "Well you are in luck, we found her. Look there she is" I said. Sara was looking at a dress on a mannequin with pure enchantment. Her eyes were shining with adoration.
" Miss Shopaholic, we are here to find a gift for Swati not for you" I said to her.
She looked at me with puppy eyes and said " Annie just look at this dress, look how beautiful this is". " Why don't you just buy it then if you like it so much," said Rohan. " Yeah right as if it would fit in my allowance money" said Sara rolling her eyes. I looked at the dress she pointed at. Hmm, that dress sure is beautiful but if I could just add some ruffles and change the neck a bit, it would look amazing on Sara.
" Sara, how would you like it if I designed a more beautiful dress for you and helped you buy material for it? And you can give to tailor for stitching?" I asked. "Like? I would love to have your designed dress babe" said Sara.
" Done then you focus on finding a gift for Swati with no interruption, I will design a dress for you. Deal?" I asked. "Deal," said Sara. Rohan rolled his eyes at our Deal and said " Can we move on to finding the gift now?". " Yeah yeah let's go Mr. Impatient " said Sara. I laughed while Rohan pulled Sara's hair.
We went to the gift shop. Sara our resident gift expert did her work while me and Rohan just looked around. All was good until I bumped into a man.
And boy was he angry. I mean okay I get that it was my fault but relax dude why so much anger? Again I wish I could say this stuff.
" Are you blind?" said the rude man. "Sorry sir" I apologised. " Humph, these teenagers think they are so smart but they are nothing but a nuisance." said the rude man angrily. " I am sorry for bumping into you, I was so engrossed in talking that I didn't see you" I said.
" Of course, you are engrossed with a boy. You don't have any shame. Walking so openly with a guy and laughing so loudly with him and touching him." the rude man taunted. Wait what!! What did I even do? The rude man's raised voice and the unnecessary attention and taunts scared me and I felt myself shaking. I was unable to utter a single word. I just bumped into him and he made such brass remarks about me. What did I do that was so wrong? I looked at Rohan with slightly teary eyes. He put me behind his back and said
" Hey back off man. She said sorry for bumping into you. You have no right to make such remarks about her. You don't know her or me. So don't go making assumptions and judging us." The rude man thankfully left after giving us a death stare. Sara came towards me and both she and Rohan hugged me. Rohan asked, " Are you okay Annie?". I gave a slight nod and asked them if we could leave. They quickly led me to the car and we spent the journey home in quiet.