Chapter Eight

Anamika's pov :

" Open the door Annie" my friends demanded. " Haa give me a minute please" I said. " Open it right now Annie or I will call Veer Bhaiya" warned Rohan. I somehow managed to open the door and my friends came in worried.
" You are okay Annie" Sara tried to calm me. " Aditi go and call Veer Bhaiya," said Rohan. I shook my head but they didn't listen and Aditi went to call Bhai.
" Veer Bhaiya, uncle - aunty, Annie is having an attack" Aditi exclaimed. "What" my parents screamed together.
Bhai, Maa and Papa came running to me. " Beta are you okay?" asked Maa.
" Guys give her some space and let me talk to her first" said Bhai. Everyone moved aside and Bhai came and sat near me. " Annie listen to my voice, you are fine. Everything is fine. Just breathe in and breathe out. Listen to my voice and tune out everything else." Bhai said calming me down. After some time I finally calmed down and said
" I am sorry everyone I ruined your night." " Oh shut up" everyone said in unison. Bhai took my hand and helped me to my bed. Maa came and I laid down on her lap. She sang me lorri and massaged my hair. Papa came and sat on the other side and took my legs on his lap, massaging them. I didn't even realize when I fell asleep.
The next morning I woke up feeling fresh. I looked around and saw that all my friends and my family had slept in my room uncomfortably wherever they got place. I felt bad that they had to go through so much trouble because of me. I decided to surprise them with breakfast. I decided to make my special kachori and waffles for them. I quickly took a shower and cooked everything while they slept. " Ooh what's smelling so good," Maa said while coming into the kitchen. Behind her everyone else also came. " Kachori and waffles," I said.
" Wow your special Indo-American breakfast huh" exclaimed Rohan.
" Yupp so dig in everyone," I said.
" So what's today's plan since it's Sunday asked Papa while eating. " Well we three have to go to my client's party" said Maa.
" It looks like you are on your own Annie" said Bhai winking at me.
" Don't worry about that Bhaiya, we are taking her to her favourite cafe
'Brew and Tales' " said Sara. " Seriously" I exclaimed. My friends nodded at me and I squealed happily. That cafe is like my comfort space. It has everything I love, Books, Coffee and solitude. The ambience of the cafe is so peaceful. Like I can spend the entire day there lost in the world of caffeine and fiction.
I have not been able to go there for ages because of classes and assignments.  Finally, I am gonna go be with my love.
" Come on Annie, you go and get ready, we will also go home and get fresh," said Aditi. " I will come to pick you all up in an hour so be ready by then or else am leaving you, especially you Annie," said Rohan. I rolled my eyes and smacked his arm and said " You wouldn't dare if you wanna leave Mr". He rolled his eyes and said, " Yeah yeah now go and get ready, shuu". I gave him a mock salute and ran to get ready. After an hour I heard Rohan honking his car, but I still had to do my hair. So I ignored it and did my hair. Rohan came up with the girls and said " You were literally the first person to go to get ready and still you are not ready while everyone else is". " It takes time to look this good yk, you wouldn't get it" I said. He rolled his eyes and said
" Just get ready fast, your books and coffee are waiting for you". I quickly did my hair and then we were on our way to the cafe.
As we entered the cafe, the smell of books and freshly brewed coffee hit my nostrils. I went over to the owner Nikhil Uncle. I have been coming to this cafe since I was 10 so I am like a daughter to him. " Hey, Annie! It's been a long time sweetheart " said Nikhil uncle. I gave him a high five and said " Yeah, I have been busy with college lately." He nodded in understanding and said " Go read, I will bring you and your friends my special coffee " I smiled at him and went to my corner with my friends.
We spent the whole day at the cafe. I came home happy and energized.

"Friends make any situation better"