Chapter Thirteen

Anamika's pov :

I woke up begrudgingly and got ready for college. There was only one thing on my mind " Aditi ". She was hiding something from us. I felt it in my gut that there was something wrong. I decided to ask Sara first since she is the closest to her. I called Sara while getting ready. " Hey, Girl! What's up?"
" You ready for college?" asked Sara enthusiastically. " Yeah, am almost ready" I replied. " Btw is everything okay with Aditi?" I asked directly not sugarcoating anything to Sara. " Yeah.... why are you asking that?" asked Sara.
" No, just wondering. She is looking kinda down nowadays so thought of asking if you know anything about it since you are the closest to her." I said.
" It must be the finals dude. You know how she gets during exams. She is such a nerd" She said. " I don't know yaar, I could be wrong but I feel like it has to do something with her family," I said.
" Family?" Sara asked. " Yeah I mean you know she doesn't talk about them much. And I don't think her parents like us." I confessed. " Yeah I mean I did notice this. And I caught her mom side-eyeing us once. You could be right Annie" Sara said worriedly. " It's okay we will talk to her about it today" I said. She agreed and ended the call.
I met everyone in the car to go to college.
" Hey everyone!!" I greeted. Everyone greeted me back. " Where is Aditi?" I asked noticing that she wasn't here.
" She went to college early for some extra studies," Ishita replied. " Guys I have to tell you something, Annie already has an idea about it," Sara said. I looked at her and said " We think Aditi is facing some issues at home" I revealed.
" What??" Ishita and Rohan exclaimed. Sara nodded and said " My mom overheard me talking with Annie this morning and said that Aditi's parents kinda pressurize her to be the perfect girl. Like be good in studies and no bad record." " Seriously! Such people still exist" Ishita said. "Unfortunately," said Rohan. " Guys we have to talk to Aditi about it and know the extent of the stuff her parents do. I have a feeling it's not gonna be good." I said. We looked at each other and nodded.
We reached the college and went to our respective classes. I had my first class with Aditi. I went over to her and greeted her. I saw her scribbling furiously in her book. " What are you doing?" I asked. " Just some sums" she replied smiling. I smiled at her and nodded.
After the classes ended I met my friends at our spot for lunch. We sat and talked about some random stuff. Suddenly Aditi got a call and she became nervous. She went away to answer the call. Sara who was sitting next to her looked at her and told us that " She got a call from her mom". " Why was she so nervous about it?" wondered Ishita. Aditi came back and smiled at us like nothing happened. We looked at each other and decided that it was time to confront her once and for all. " Aditi, is everything okay?" I asked. She looked at me nervously and said " Yeah everything is good" " Come on Aditi, we know something is wrong" said Ishita. " And we also know that it has something to do with your parents," Sara said. Aditi looked shocked. " Aditi, we are your friends and we wanna help you. Please tell us what's wrong," said Rohan.
" You are right, it has to do with my parents" said Aditi stammering. I rubbed her back soothingly and encouraged her to continue. " My parents... they" Aditi got teary. " Come on we are here tell us" I encouraged.
" My parents pressurize me about being a good girl and are kind of verbally abusive," she revealed.