Bonus chapter

10 years later

Anamika's pov :

It has been 10 years since we went our own ways to make our careers. Leaving behind everything and everyone you have known since childhood is not easy. A lot of times you feel homesick and just want to leave everything and go home. But you control yourself in order to pave your path in life and make your family proud. All the tears and turmoil of emotions are worth it when your parents boast about you to society.

I am now a successful fashion designer running my own boutique. I have spent years of hard work and tears of not being at home to get to this stage. Today I am going to go home, not for family but to meet my friends. We tried our best to stay in touch but life didn't let us. Every day calls turned to monthly calls and they turned to calls only on birthdays and special occasions. But no matter what we are still close like we were back then.

10 years back we made a pact to meet on the exact same date and do whatever we did that day. Finally, today is that day. We are gonna meet at the cafe and then go to all those places again. I would be lying if I said I am not excited. I have missed my bunch of idiots a lot and am so excited that we are finally gonna be together for an entire day. It's not like we didn't meet, but it was always either one of us was missing or time was less.

I got ready and went to the cafe where I saw my friends waiting for me. We group hugged after what seemed like an eternity. We sat in the cafe drinking coffee and catching up on each other's life. Everyone had changed a lot over the years. We were no longer immature teens, instead, we were successful and mature people now. Ishita was now a famous theatre artist, Sara worked for a very renowned textile company, Aditi was a brilliant psychologist with her own clinic and Rohan was now a famous singer having concerts here and there. Even though we had grown up over the years, we were still a crazy bunch of idiots. After catching up, we went to all the other spots like the arcade, ice cream parlour, fav restros, beach and marine drive. It felt so great spending the day together after ages. Our bond was still the same as it was 10 years back. We were still the same, nothing had changed between us. It didn't feel like we were meeting like this after so many years. It felt like yesterday, that we were together having the best time of our lives. We spent the day catching up and reminiscing all our memories together. At the end of the day, we promised each other to be better at keeping in touch and try to meet atleast once a year.

After coming back from meeting my friends, I realised that I am so lucky to have such friends in my life. I thanked God for blessing me with such good friends and of course my family.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The end