Chapter Twenty Three

Anamika's pov:

We looked at her bewildered as she blurted out. " THERAPY!!!" We shouted. Ishita nodded and said, " Yes therapy. I feel like it's the best option for me to heal from this trauma". " But you have us to help," said Sara. " Yeah, why go to some unknown person" said Aditi.

" Exactly Ish, you don't have a problem which needs to be solved, you are just in trauma and we are there to help" I said.

" I know guys, but therapy is not that bad. The professionals know what they are doing. It's not like you are not there, it's just sometimes it's better to seek help from a professional" she explained.

" But if someone got to know about it, they would mock you for being weak" I reasoned. " Annie I know how you feel about therapy but therapy is not that bad and seeking help for a problem you are facing doesn't make you weak" she replied. " I guess you are right," I said.

" Yeah, if you are sure then go for it Ish" said Rohan. She smiled and thanked us.

" Thank you for your support guys," she said. " Well I was thinking...." she began.

" Yeah?" asked Sara. " Umm I think that you guys should also start going to therapy...." she said. " What why" we shrieked. " Well, Annie you really need to seek help about your anxiety, Aditi your years of parental pressure have taken a toll on you and you need to address it, Sara after that catfishing fiasco you have become scared of males which is something you need to treat and Rohan you still get nightmares about that girl so....." she said. We looked at each other and pondered over her words. I stood up and said " You are right, we really need to work on ourselves". " Yeah we need to get better before we graduate" said Aditi. Sara and Rohan agreed. " So it's decided then, we will start therapy from next week" Ishita finalized. We nodded and hugged each other. " Guys we need to find a good therapist" said Sara. " Don't worry about that, my dad knows one. He has been trying to make me go to him for years" I said. " Okay so Annie, you go and ask your dad to book us a treatment" said Ishita. I nodded and said " Yeah, but we have to tell our parents about our decision too". " Okay so let's talk to them today and start therapy on Monday " said Aditi. We agreed and went to our homes. I went to my parents as soon as they came home. I sat down with my family and told them about our decision.

" We are so proud of you all sweetheart " said Maa. " Yeah good job," said Papa.

"It takes a lot of courage to make this decision Annie, I am so proud of you," said Bhai. I hugged them and asked Papa " Can you book us all a treatment session from Monday?". "Of course" he replied.

It was finally Monday, time for our first therapy session. I met my friends outside of the clinic. " You guys ready?" asked Sara. "Trying to be" I replied.

"Don't worry guys, everything will be just fine?" said Ishita. "We hope so Ish" said Aditi. "Let's go for our first therapy session guys" said Rohan. We hugged each other and went to our respective therapists.