4

daphne

to say i was nervous was an understatement. i took deep breaths and thought about the choreography that i deep down knew by heart.

i hate loosing so aiden and his team better play well today.

sophia texts me wishing me good luck and i instantly feel a bit of a relief. there's so much comfort when it comes to her.

i feel a sharp pain on my belly as a basketball gets thrown at me.

"what the fuck?" i mutter knowing i can't yell.

"oh sorry about that." alex, aiden's friend apologizes as he runs up to me.

"don't worry about it." i say and start to walk away.

"no but really, i feel bad i know that hurts."

"really how smart of you to know that." i sarcastically say and he chuckles.

he lifts his hand to push his hair back and i look at him. he's not bad looking, just not my type.

"well how about this, i'll make sure that we win the game. and i'll buy you food after." he lifts his eyebrows a bit as he waits for my answer.

"sure, but if you don't win i'm gonna kick you in the balls." i shrug and shake his hand when he holds it out.

"alright, see you after the game."

"hope you aren't too sensitive." i smile and walk over to the rest of the girls.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

aiden has been looking annoyed for a while now and when he's been playing he's been very aggressive.

such a weird guy.

alex sits at the bench and smiles at me when we make eye contact. i smile back and then look back at the game.

aiden watches me and i can see him scoff before shaking his head, then his focus is back on the game.

i'm confused but i don't really care about that guy.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

after the game the girls decided to celebrate the win, but as a promise i had other plans.

"hey, you got snap?" i look up and see a guy from the other team.

"no."

"really?"

"well i do but i'm not gonna give it to a rival who's shorter than me." i smile sarcastically and scoff.

"hi, are you ready?" alex asks behind me and i nod.

he opens the door for me and on the way to the diner we talk about the game and school.

"great, the best table is free." he smiles and takes a seat.

"this is the best table?" i ask and look around. the table is in the middle of the diner and is surrounded by other tables.

i would've preferred a table by the window in the corner, but whatever.

"yeah, i love being in the middle. what are you gonna order?" he asks.

"hm, maybe a burger?" i say unsure as i look through the menu.

"or maybe a chicken alfredo."

"oh." he says shocked.

"what?"

"just unusual with a girl that eats stuff like that, that's all. i mean all the cheerleaders i talk with always have a diet while training. this is new."

oh.

"can i get your orders?" the waitress asks.

"i'll have the steak." alex says and gives her his menu.

they both turn to me and i sweetly smiled and slowly closed the menu. he's paying after all, and he happens to be a jerk.

"i'll have the biggest burger with the large fries. and i'll have the alfredo pasta and chicken burrito with a lot of sauce on the side please." i smile.

"o-oh, okay." she smiles awkwardly.

"you're paying right?" i ask him and twirl my hair.

"right." he gulps.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

after finishing the burger and trying some of the other dishes i'm completely full.

"bye then." i say and walk out.

"wait, i think you forgot something." he says and gives this ugly smile.

"right, silly me."

i walk up to him and knee him between his legs.

"thanks for the reminder." i say and leave.

i find my car and drive home while slowly feeling tears stream down my face.

i try to act confident and i always talk back. but the words hurt so much.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

i knock on sophia's door and when she opens i hug her tightly and cry.

"oh daph, what happened?"

"i hate boys." i mumble.

"oh me too." she says and strokes my hair.

ੈ✩‧₊˚