43

daphne

i sigh as i've placed my last bag in the back of the car.

we're leaving now and i'm dreading what's about to come.

i have barely been on my phone so i haven't texted or looked at text messages. i have no idea what sophia thinks.

"hey it's okay." aiden smiles and squeezes my thigh when we're in our seats, ready to leave.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"well i guess this is it." i say when we've arrived at my house.

"yeah. this was nice. i'd uh- i'd like to do this again." he says nervously and scratches the back of his neck.

"again?" i ask.

"yeah? wasn't it obvious that we both wanted this?" he asks.

i do want this. so much.

"oh, i thought it was obvious that this was the end. just a couple more last times."

"oh." he says and looks down.

"we've already hurt someone we care about and for what? a few hookups?" i ask and hate myself for saying this.

"i don't know i just-"

"well that's what this is. we're just having fun, right?" i ask carefully.

please don't say yes. please don't say yes. please don't say ye-

"yeah i guess." he shrugs and looks out the window.

"right." i nod and blink away the tears that are burning on my eyes.

"bye then." i say quietly and he mutters a 'bye' back.

why am i so dumb? why can't i just admit my feelings?

ੈ✩‧₊˚

i nervously walk around in my bedroom and practice what i'm suppose to say when sophia picks up.

"fuck it." i say and press her contact and call.

"daph?" she asks and i'm relieved to hear her voice again.

"hi soph. can we talk?"

ੈ✩‧₊˚

we met up at the beach and sit down on a bench. it's about ten pm so there aren't many people out.

"i'm sorry."

she looks at me with a sad look.

"to be honest, i feel so bad for being so mad at you." she says which takes me by surprise.

"really?" i ask shocked.

"yeah. i've had time to think and i mean, it's understandable that you were scared to tell me. especially since it was just a fling."

"right." i nod.

"cause you'd never like my brother right?" she laughs.

"no way. but if i did, would you've still been mad?"

"no, a bit sad that you didn't tell me, but i get that this was quite embarrassing to talk to me about."

"yeah, a bit." i smile.

it's quiet for a while, but not awkward just peaceful. i've always loved being with sophia because of this.

"aria hasn't been answering my texts or calls. i guess she realizes what a psycho she's been." sophia says and i laugh.

"she's insane. and we had no idea, while she was pretending to be my friend she was stalking me." i shake my head with a scoff.

"do you know why yet?" she asks and i shake my head.

"i guess she had a crush on aiden or she just hated me." i shrug.

"maybe. but i find that hard to believe, you're very easy to like." she smiles at me.

"i've missed you." i sigh and tear up.

"oh daph, i've missed you too. and it's only been a few days." she laughs and i chuckle.

ੈ✩‧₊˚