39

daphne

me: please answer

me: sophia

me: i'm so sorry

my eyes are puffy from crying and i patiently wait for her to reply. while ignoring aiden's texts.

"honey what's going on?" mom asks and walks into my room.

she lays down next to me and i start to cry like a baby.

"i'm a horrible person." i mumble out.

"you? i gave birth to you and i watched you grow up, believe me you're not."

"i kept a secret from sophia. and she found out and she's so upset."

"everyone makes mistakes. don't let that define you as a person. okay so what you kept something from her, that doesn't change the amazing friend you've been to her all these years." she comforts me.

"i...kinda had a thing with her brother."

"aiden?"

"yeah."

"and you didn't tell her?"

i shake my head and sniffle.

"shouldn't that be her dream? her best friend and brother?"

"oh, we're not a thing anymore."

"why not?"

"well i don't like him in that way. and it may have ruined my best friend's trust for me so it's not worth it."

"are you sure you don't like him?" she asks and i frown.

"yeah?"

"so when you kissed the other day to say goodbye it didn't mean anything?"

i sigh and she laughs.

"it's okay if you like him. just let her be for a while. and talk to aiden."

ੈ✩‧₊˚

my phone rings and i hope that it's sophia but it's not.

"what do you want aiden?" i mutter.

"a few days away. with you."

i scoff.

"it would be nice to be somewhere calm and i know just the right place." he says quietly.

"good. so go there?"

"i think you should come with me. it'll be good to get away. and maybe try to think of something else."

"she's already mad. you think i'm going away on a secret trip with you?"

ੈ✩‧₊˚

don't ask me how he managed to convince me but right now i'm in his car.

my knees are up and i rest my upper body against my thighs and my head against my knees. i look at him as he's driving.

he's beautiful.

the rain keeps falling, making sounds on the window and i close my eyes enjoying the calmness. the radio starts playing and it's my favorite song.

"i love this song." i mumble and he smiles at me.

"i know."

ੈ✩‧₊˚