27

daphne

i hold my hand in front of my mouth so my cries can't be heard.

i sniffle and look at my body. i'm so bloated and i feel dirty. my hair is in a messy bun and i wear no makeup.

while she looked drop dead gorgeous.

i wash my face off with water and calm myself down before leaving the bathroom to go to sophia's room.

"have you been crying?" a voice stops me and i gasp.

"aiden? gosh you can't just scare people like that." i mutter.

"right." he mumbles and walks over to me.

"did you cry?" he asks carefully.

"not your business."

"oh okay. that's how you're gonna be now? she just didn't want to eat what you were having and now you're crying?" he says and my eyes widen and tear up a bit.

i hate being yelled at.

"it would've been nice if your date didn't make me feel gross for eating." i shrug.

"well, that's not my business is it?" he says and i scoff.

"you know what? i'm done, you're a jerk and i don't even want to pretend for a couple of minutes that you're not. have fun with leah, that's really not my business anymore." i tell him and leave before he can say anything.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"this was great, we need to have more of these sleepovers." sophia says and hugs me.

"of course, maybe a harry potter marathon next time." i smile and she nods.

leah and aiden walks down the stairs and i make eye contact with him. he has a longing look on his face, almost as if he wants to say something.

i roll my eyes and then leave after giving sophia another hug.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

i speed up the treadmill and run quickly. working out when i'm mad helps a lot.

i haven't eating anything since this morning so after a while i become dizzy and start to hear a ringing in my ear.

i sigh and go to drink water and then leave to my car.

before i start driving back home i think about it.

fuck it i'm driving to mcdonald's.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

as i'm eating i'm scrolling through instagram and see that sophia has posted a dinner picture from a restaurant.

i like the story but then see something i didn't feel like seeing.

aiden and leah together. a salad on leah's plate.

i roll my eyes and look at all the junk food in front of me.

ੈ✩‧₊˚