16

daphne

the week comes to an end and i've not received anymore texts so it was probably some boring prank. i tried to look up the number but it wasn't connected to anyone.

the following week would be filled with practice, since the competition is next week.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"okay i've graded your tests, finally." my teacher says as she gives our tests back.

i usually get an a so i don't really care about getting tests back.

b+?

i stare at my test in shock.

i've not gotten anything under a in years. i can't even remember the last time.

"well done aiden." the teacher says as aiden gets his test back with a big a.

i take a deep breath and blink fast to stop the watering in my eyes.

i studied all last week for this.

"yes! i got a c, i got a c." sophia says as she gets her test back.

i smile and she looks confused at me and then at my test.

"oh please. you've gotten a like all your life, this won't ruin things." she says and goes back to looking at her paper.

i live sophia but she has never been understanding when it comes to grades.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

there's no practice today so i decide to go to the gym instead. just to run and lift some weights.

i park my car and get inside the gym to change.

when my tights and shirt is on i put my hair up in a ponytail and start to jog on the thread mill.

suddenly aiden arrives on a thread mill close to me. and immediately starts to run, faster than me.

i don't give him the pleasure of looking at him. instead i keep my head high, my posture confident and keep running in my pace.

after 20 minutes i start to do some arm exercises while holding weights and then some weighted squats.

i leave and don't look back.

ੈ✩‧₊˚