36

daphne

sophia: do you wanna join me at the beach today?

me: duh

i immediately start packing my towel and sunscreen. i walk into the kitchen and find some watermelon and strawberries and grab them.

i put my pink bikini on and look at myself in the mirror. i love being at the beach but i'm so uncomfortable showing myself like this in public.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"don't hate me." sophia says as she walks into the car.

i look at her confused but then hear the door open in the back.

looks like aiden is gonna join us.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"come on." sophia whines as she is ready to run into the water.

"don't you just wanna tan?" i sigh.

"no, we have to get inside the water if we're at a beach." she argues and i look at aiden for comfort but he takes his shirt and shorts off, ready to get into the water as well.

"fine." i mumble annoyed.

sophia laughs and runs into the water before us. i thought aiden would join her but he's waiting for me.

i suddenly feel very unsure under his stare.

"aren't you gonna get in the water?"

"i'll wait." he smiles gently and i sigh.

fuck it.

i take off my dress and look at him. he's not even trying to hide checking my body out.

"ready?" i ask and he nods and gulp.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

we've been here for hours now and are currently planning on leaving.

"i'm just gonna see if that small shop is open. i want a drink." sophia says and we nod.

we're placing our things in the car and when i'm done i turn around only to have aiden right behind me.

"you uh....you looked good today." he says nervously and i smile.

"only today?" i tease.

"no. but seeing you this confident was new. and made you even more beautiful." he shrugs.

"would you believe me if i said that i'm not confident?"

"you're not?" he asks and places his hands carefully on my hips.

i look to my right and see sophia leave the shop and i pull away from aiden and get inside the car.

ੈ✩‧₊˚