17

daphne

i lay in sophia's bed as she tries on different outfits for her upcoming date this friday.

"i just feel like my wardrobe is filled with ugly clothes. i don't wanna wear anything in there." she mutters.

"maybe you can borrow something from me?" i suggest.

"i love you." she says and jumps onto the bed kissing my cheeks multiple times causing me to laugh.

"i love you too, but please." i whine and she laughs and stops kissing me.

she gets up and start pushing her clothes back in.

"what's going on here?" aiden asks and i slightly jump in shock since he just showed up.

"um...uh." sophia tries to know what to say as aiden lifts his eyebrows, waiting for an answer.

"daphne is going on a date!" she says and my eyes widen.

"yeah?" he asks and leans to the doorframe while crossing his arms.

"mhm. with a great guy that i met." i nod.

"how did you meet?" he asks, testing me.

"at a cafe."

"what's his name?"

"adam."

"where are you going?"

"to a restaurant."

"which restaurant?"

"he didn't tell me."

"w-" he starts but gets interrupted by sophia.

"why do you care anyways. stop bothering us." she scoffs and he holds his hands up in surrender and leaves.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

as i put my shoes on aiden walks down the stairs.

i don't say anything.

"when's your date?"

"friday." i sigh.

"okay." he nods.

i raise my eyebrows and he leaves.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"okay, have you packed everything?" dad asks and i nod.

we get into the car and leave towards the bus the basketball and cheerleading team will go with.

"bye sweetie, call us if you ever need anything." dad says and gives me a hug.

"bye dad."

my friends wave at me and i join them. we get into the bus and i decide to sit next to taylor.

the basketball teams joins and i look at alex, the bruises are less noticeable now. aiden walks in and i look away.

i think he understands that i wasn't on a date yesterday.

after a while of talking to taylor i put my airpods on and listen to some music.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

we make a stop after a while to have lunch.

we're having mcdonald's which i usually love, but during these last few weeks i haven't really been enjoying eating.

except for that one weekend when aiden made me food.

we all make our orders and then have our seats.

my eyes lock with alex as he looks at me and then at my food. i sigh and look away.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

when we arrive to the arena the games will be at i'm surprised to find out we're all going to be staying at a hotel.

well a budget friendly hotel. a bed and breakfast.

and i even manage to make sure that i get a room all by myself.

this will be good.

ੈ✩‧₊˚