45

two months later

daphne

i'm graduating today and i can't believe it. i've gotten into a college a few hours away from here.

i look at my reflection in the mirror and smile.

i walk down the stairs and see my parents. my mom is fixing my dad's tie and i smile at them.

"are you guys ready to leave?" i ask and they look at me.

dad smiles proudly at me and mom tears up.

"my little girl. are you really graduating this year?" she asks and i chuckle.

"yes mom." i walk over to her and hug her.

"i'm just gonna get a napkin." she sniffs and points to her eyes.

when she walks away dad looks at me.

"we can only imagine how she's gonna react when you move out. she almost cried the entire night you had your first sleepover." he laughs and i smile.

"i'm gonna miss not living with you guys." i say and sigh.

"well that's life. we're gonna visit often and you can come back here for breaks." he smiles and i nod.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"these years have been filled with laughter and some tears. but in the end it has given you students a place to grow, find out who you are, what you like and how you're going to achieve what you wish for." the principle says as we all patiently wait to get our grades and get the fuck away from here.

"you haven't always been on good terms, but it has always ended well." she continues and i think back on all the times the teachers has made me and aiden leave the classroom because fought too much. i smile at the memories.

"right now i'm looking at future lawyers, doctors, actors and maybe teachers. but don't worry, i'm also seeing the people that struggle, that don't know what they want to do. that's the wonderful thing with time. a lot can change during it. what i know is that i'm looking at future successful people."

i look at sophia and she has tears in her eyes and when we make eye contact she chuckles lightly and wipes under her eyes.

"enjoy your time now. you're never getting this young again. so do what you feel like, don't keep yourself from doing what you want, if you don't do it you're going to regret it."

i look at aiden and catch him laughing with his friends. my heart warms up.

"and now for your grades."

ੈ✩‧₊˚

i'm fucking graduated from high school.

me and sophia laugh at each other and the weird hats we're wearing. i touch it and try to fix it and as i'm doing so i look to my right.

my eyes catch aiden's. i look at him for a while and give him a genuine smile. i'm gonna miss him.

he smiles back at me and we both share this look. like we want to say something.

i look away when sophia says something and a minute later we're throwing our hats in the air.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

only two chapters left</3