Always Hers (44)

Waliyah's P.O.V.

"Amal?" I said quietly gently holding her hand, it felt so cold. "Amal?" 

"Mhm?" She hummed weakly opening her eyes for a few seconds before shutting them again. Overnight. she had grown so weak, that Khala said that her monitors completely flatlined for a few minutes before the doctors managed to bring her back through shock therapy. The cancer has spread to most of her organs now. 

"It's time," I gently brush her hair away from her  face, "Samar and I are getting married." 

A soft smile took over her lips, as she fluttered her eyes open, "Lift me up," I looked over at Samar who helped her up as I moved the bed to the correct setting. Amal rested against the back of the bed pulling me to sit beside her, as Rukhsar Khala, Sarfaraz Khalu, Amma, Baba, Mahira Khala and Adeel. Khau surrounded us. Maulvi Sahib was already standing in the middle as I leaned back into the comfort of her presence. 

"Shuru kare?" (Should we start?)  Maulvi Sahib asked, 

"Ji," (Yes) Samar answered, keeping his gaze on him

Amal held my hands as I sat beside her on the hospital bed as Samar sat across the room accompanied by Adeel Khalu. Maulvi Sahib stood in the middle, as he was getting ready to recite our vows to one another. I swallowed harshly as Amal rubbed my back, my stomach hurt from how. nervous and scared I felt about stepping into this forced, conditional, love-less marriage. 

Amma. came to stand beside me. as. well, holding my other hand as well tightly, the proceeding began,  "Kya aap Waliyah Aayan Sultan ko apni patni ke roop mein qabool Kate hain?" Maulvi sahib asked Samar. (Do you take Waliyah Aayan Sultan as you legally wedded wife?)

Samar looked over at Amal who encouraged him, but I could see how torturous this was for him.

"Qabool hai." (I do)

"Kya aap Waliyah Aayan Sultan ko apni patni ke roop mein qabool Kate hain?" He repeated Do ( you take Waliyah Aayan Sultan as you legally wedded wife?)

"Qabool hai" (I do)

"Kya aap Waliyah Aayan Sultan ko apni patni ke roop mein qabool Kate hain?" (Do you take Waliyah Aayan Sultan as you legally wedded wife?)

"Qabool Hai."  (I do) His voice broke as he said it the final time.

Maulvi Sahib turned to face me as it was my turn now, a tear fell down my cheeks. . .what are Samar and I doing right now? "Kya aap Samar Adeel Qureshi ko apne shohar ke roop mein qabool karte hain?"  (Do you take Samar Adeel Qureshi as your legally wedded husband?)

My heart rammed against my ribcage. Amal looked over at me hopefully, "Qabool hai." (I do) I whispered. This was supposed to be the happiest moment of my life, and it. was being robbed from me. . and turned into this. traumatic unwilling event.  The man who is soon to be my husband is withering in his spot as I accept him as mine, knowing that. he never fully will be mine. 

"Kya aap Samar Adeel Qureshi ko apne shohar ke roop mein qabool karte hain?"(Do you take Samar Adeel Qureshi as your legally wedded husband?)  He repeated

Samar's eyes met mine they looked so tired, "Qabool hai."   (I do)

"Kya aap Samar Adeel Qureshi ko apne shohar ke roop mein qabool karte hain?"(Do you take Samar Adeel Qureshi as your legally wedded husband?)  Maulvi sahib said it for the final time.