Always Hers (37)

^^ The audio above represents how Wafa cries after the confrontation between her and Samar.

Waliyah's P.O.V.

"Samar!" I call out his name running into the college cafeteria, "Samar, please I know you are here, let me explain!" I look around the room with my flashlight, "Samar!'

Suddenly there was a big flash of brightness, and the room lit up as Samar glared at me holding the diary Api handed him. "Samar, please." I beg, "That isn't my writing, that isnt my diary." I try to defend myself, I wipe my tears away, "Api has always loved you Samar, but she never told me and-"

"So you played matchmaker with me and Amal." His voice had so much animosity in it that it made me visibly flinch. "Because I asked you to right?"

"Api-"

"You began to love me too in the process of helping Amal and I right?" He was saying everything that I was going to tell him.

I furrow my eyebrows, and nodd, "I did, but there never was a moment where I let my feelings get in the way." I say, "I never did anything that would hurt you two. . .infact that is why I had become so distant and focused on my school and became-"

"Do you ever get tired of lying Waliyah?" He interrupted me as he took a step down from the stairs he was sitting on, "I have proof of how much you truly care for Amal."

"I am telling you that Api wrote that." I argue, "Look Samar, I understand that me falling in love with you was really wrong of me, but look at the current situation now. You and Amal are married, you two are going to have a baby and-"

"SHUT UP!" Samar yelled,

Gasping I take a step back afraid of what he might do since he was in so much anger. "Samar,"

Samar stormed over to me and grabbed my arm in a painful grip shoving the diary in my face, "Read what it says," I pushed the book away, as I whimpered in pain. "Read it!" He exclaimed, I looked down as tears began to blur my vision, "Now!" I jumped at his tone.

"D-Dear A-A-llah," I stuttered, "I-I can't beleive that I have to. deal with Amal again today. How am I supposed to tell the world, that my childhood best friend, is such a bitch. She took. away Samar from me, took away my dreams and aspirations of settling down and having a family with him. I wonder how long. . ." My voice flattered not wanting to read the rest of the paragraph.

"Go on," Samar said roughly, "If you didn't feel ashamed while writing it, then why do you feel ashamed reading it?"

A sob escaped as I weakened under pressure, "Please Samar,"

"Read it!" He snapped,

"I-I wonder how l-long this bitch will live longer. . .I never knew s-six months could feel this long. W-Why isnt she. . ." I swallowed harshly, "Dead yet," Tears streamed down my cheeks.

Yah Allah, please. . .I didn't write this. . .I don't want to say this. . .please. . . Samar pushed me away from him as if he was disgusted. "Why are you crying Waliyah?" He asked coldly, "Are you sad because you wrote this, or are you saying that you got  caught?"

I rub my arm trying to ease the pain where he had been holding me, "I am crying because I dont want to read what Api writes."

"Again with the lies," Samar scoffed,

"I am not lying!" I raise my voice alittle at him. "Mary Api did!"

Samar shook his head as if he was in disbelief, "I have never seen a girl so shameless." Ouch. "Amal lives and breaths thinking that she has the world's greatest friend but little does she know that exact friend prays and wishes for her to die so she can marry and create a family with her husband."