Always Hers (38)

Waliyah's P.O.V

Walking lifelessly into my home I saw Amma's lips move but I couldn't comprehend what she was saying. I fell to the ground feeling weak from all the trauma, and the cold weather plus the rain on top of everything. I didn't even flinch as my hands connected with the ground once again and they began to bleed even more. Amma threw a towel around me and hugged me tightly trying to warm me up as much as she could.

"Maliha!" Amma exclaimed, "Bring some warm water." She helped me stand up slowly walking me inside as Baba's eyes widened when he saw what condition I was in.

"Wafa?" Baba said worried. "Kya hua?" (What happened?) So much Baba. So much that I am afraid that if I tell you . . . The pieces of my heart that know how to beat will stop too.

Pulling away from Amma I hugged Baba right as he wrapped his arms around me immediately as I broke down crying. The pain in my heart was too much to express, all I wanted was to feel protected and safe and that is exactly what Amma and Baba did. No questions were asked, they just protected me, cared for me...and made me feel safe.

...

Amma held my hand tightly as we lay in bed together. Amma lovingly gazed at me, "Kya hua tha wahan Wafa?"  (What happened there Wafa?)

I swallowed harshly as tears filled my eyes once again "Mary Api," I whimpered, "She showed him the fake diary Amma."

Amma's eyes widened, "Samar. . ."

"He hates me now." I confirmed, "He won't listen to me, anything I say he says he won't trust. Amma he thinks I am the world's most disgusting person. He thinks that I would want Amal dead."

Amma gasped, "Wafa."

"Amma," I clung to her, "Why me?" Amma ran her fingers through my hair, trying to comfort me to the best of her abilities, "Amma,"

She rocked me back and forth just like how she did when we were younger. . .Malli and Ayra crawled into the bed with us, as one lay on Amma's side and the other lay on my side. "We love you Api," Ayra whispered, "No matter what,"

Her words comforted me, as their warmth lulled me to sleep. 

. . .

Amal's P.O.V

Samar came out of the bathroom as I sat on the bed waiting for him to tell me where he was. Saad avoided eye contact as I played with the ring on my finger that I once admired but now felt so wrong. "Saad?" I decide to start the conversation.

"Mhm?" He answered drying his hair with a towel,

"Where were you?" I asked with a gentle tone, "Everyone was so worried about you." I avoided saying Wafas name. I didn't know if I could hide such a big secret from him.

"I just needed time to think," he said roughly. "About everything."

Playing with the end of my dupatta, "Everything?" I asked quietly.  Should I tell him about what I heard today. . should I tell him about Wafa? 

"I just needed some space, Amal," Saad said before getting into bed. He lay down facing the other side as I looked down at him.

Caressing my stomach I laid down as well. "Saad?"

"What Amal?"  Something was off about him, maybe now was not the right time to speak about what I wanted to tell him. Saad turned to face me, his eyes  seemed so cold and empty, "Say it."