Always Hers (42)

Samar's P.O.V.

Helping Amal back into her hospital bed,  I gently begin to brush her hair with a comb, Amal giggles, "Saad, I can do it."

I push her hands down, "I know, just. . ." I sigh, "Let me do it please." Amal gave in right away as she began to play with her wedding ring. She always did. that before she asked me to sit down with her.   "What are you thinking about?" 

"Nothing,"

"Amal," I said tying her hair up in a ponytail, I sat down infront of her, "What's up?"

Amal looked at me hesitantly but spoke up, "Saad,"

"Mhm?"

"You said you would do anything I asked right?" She began, 

"Yeah," I say confused as to why she was saying that to me. 

"Please do not react angrily when I ask you what I want from you please."

Sitting up taller I prepare myself for what she is going to ask me to do, "Spit it out, Amal,"

She breathed in heavily and blurted out,  "I want you and Wafa to get married while I am still here."

I blinked at her blankly as her words registered in my mind, 'What the fuck!" I exclaim standing up, "I am not doing that."

Amal stood up as well trying. to reach over to me but I took a step back, "Who put you up to this?"  This has to be Waliyah's doing, I grab my wallet and keys, "Actually don't, I know who did this."

She grabbed  the back of my shirt,  "Samar!" She said my name,  "Please try to understand, no one put me up to this, I just do not want you to be alone." I looked at her shocked, "I do not have much time left Samar, and I know you love me a lot, but. . .Wafa-"

"Do not say. her name!" I snapped, "Amal, this is what she wanted."

"Samar!" Amal protested throwing her hands up in the air, "I have no idea how many times I have told you that Api wrote that diary. I have wanted to show you the real diary if you would just listen to me."

"No!" My hands began to shake, I could not beleive that my dying wife was asking me to marry someone who had blinded her with her fakeness so much she did not. beleive that all Wafa has wanted from the beginning was her death so she would get to me. That bitch has planned everything so meticulously that I am unable to do anything. "Amal please," I say shakily, "Please do not ask me to do this, I do not. want to. get married to her." Amal saw tears in my eyes, "Please," I whispered, "Not this."

Amal pulled me in a tight hug and allowed me to cry on her. shoulder. I hadnt. cried infront of anyone since the loss of our child, since her new timeline has been given to us. My heart ached every time I saw Amal get weaker and weaker.  . .and this. . what she has just asked me to do was the final straw. I cannot do this, I won't be able to do this.  .  .not when all. I feel. for Waliyah is hated. . nothing else.  

.  .  .

Waliyah walked through the door looking exhausted, she greeted Amal but seemed to ignore me as she sat in the corner furthest away. from me. avoiding my gaze. Amal awkwardly looked between Waliyah and me, and broke the silence, "Wafa?" She said softly,  "Did you get some rest?"

Waliyah smiled at her tiredly,  "No, I had to go to work. There was no one to cover my classroom, so I had to go." I wonder what good she teaches those children.