Chapter XXV

It had been a relentless forty minutes since the conclusion of the meeting. Amalie marched through the city streets, her determined footsteps echoing in the streets. Her destination was a nondescript building, she made her way inside. Coming to a standstill in front of a particular apartment door, she rapped on it, shattering the silence that hung in the air.

Moments later, the door creaked open, revealing a woman with flowing black hair and a warm smile.

" Oh, Amalie ! It's been a month since I last saw you, dear. You should grace us with your presence more often". She exclaimed with obvious delight.

A soft smile played on Amalie's lips," I apologize, Miss Ryoko. I've had a myriad of tasks to attend to in recent weeks".

Concern furrowed Ryoko's brow," It's not my son causing you trouble, is it ?".

Amalie chuckled nervously," Not at all. Keisuke is always kind. By the way, is he at home ?".

" He returned about ten minutes ago. Went straight to his room, looking a bit upset. I don't know why". Ryoko replied, her concern deepening.

" I see. May I go see him ?". Amalie inquired.

" Of course, you can. Come in". Ryoko welcomed, stepping aside.

With gratitude, Amalie entered, carefully removing her shoes at the entrance," I apologize if I make a mess in Keisuke's room. I'm a bit upset with him". She confessed.

Ryoko frowned," Don't hesitate. If he's been causing trouble again, it's probably his fault".

Amalie chuckled," I'll take care of him. You can relax".

" You're an angel. What would I do without you ? Fine, I trust you the most with this". Ryoko said, patting Amalie's head before retreating.

Amalie couldn't help but sweatdrop at the gesture. Ryoko was undoubtedly someone with a unique personality, but it was evident that she cared deeply for her son.

Navigating further into the apartment, Amalie took a deep breath. Soon, she found herself standing outside Baji's room. Foregoing pleasantries, she barged in, slamming the door behind her.

" A-Amalie ?! What the hell ?!". Baji exclaimed.

Teeth gritted, Amalie advanced towards him, delivering a resounding slap across his face. Before she could unleash another blow, Baji caught her fist, swiftly turning her around and slamming her to the ground. Just as the impending impact with the floor loomed, a hand gently cradled the back of her head.

Upon opening her eyes, Amalie found Baji above her, a frown etched on his face.

" Damn, you won...". She muttered with a pout.

Baji rolled his eyes," Of course, I did. Why the hell are you here ? I explicitly said—".

" Cut the crap, Keisuke. I've known you for quite some time. Does this have anything to do with Kisaki ?". Amalie inquired sternly.

Baji, taken aback, looked away," How do you know ?".

" You're too honest to deny it, and I know you well. So, spill it. I won't speak to Mikey or Draken, I promise". Amalie assured.

Avoiding eye contact, Baji mumbled," Don't know. You might talk about it. Besides, you didn't talk about Kol, so...".

Amalie gently placed a hand on his cheek, causing him to freeze," I never told them about the afternoons we spent making tags on walls. It might not be the same, but you can trust me, right ? And it's the same for Kol; he was always by your side when you needed him".