𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐇𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐏𝐭-1

life or death.

bastard prince or dead prince.

"ser harwin you have a choice. I know the babe Rhaenyra is carrying is yours. don't lie. I'm giving you a choice take your bastard to Harrenhal and never return or the babe dies quickly at birth." alicent set his options out on the table for him.

Harwin looked down at his hands, how they held Rhaenyra so passionately at night, now shook with anxiety and fear. he could tell the Queen was not one to mess around with. taking his child would mean loss for Rhaenyra or letting an innocent babe die at birth would mean loss for both.

"I can take him. Don't harm them... please," Harwin spoke, his voice trembling as he made his choice.

Rhaenyra screamed in labor as she pushed as hard as she could. as soon as the midwife had the babe almost out they gave her a small quick dose of milk of the poppy. she didn't even know.

the midwife pulled the baby out, the cries echoing in the room. they wrapped the baby up tightly in a blanket and carried it away. the maid brought the babe through the secret doorways and outside to the Queen.

"it's a boy," she said as she handed the babe to the queen. alicent looked down at the innocent child in her arms. she turned around to where ser Harwin stood.

"I remember Rhaenyra saying she wanted a son named Lucerys." her words didn't share any motherly feeling or love as she handed him the boy. "remember our deal. don't ever return."

Harwin held his son close as the queen turned around and left him. he couldn't even say goodbye to Jacaerys. he climbed his horse and left to Harrenhal. he arrived to the ruined castle and got off his horse.

"I'm sorry Rhaenyra. the babe didn't make it." alicent spoke.

"what? I don't understand. what do you mean?" Rhaenyra asked teary eyed.

"your son is dead." alicent blatantly spoke.

"no, no, can I see him?" she asked.

"I'm sorry. I've already taken care of him. we burned him where your mother and brother were." alicent explained.

tears and sobs escaped Rhaenyra as she held her arms around her chest. alicent walked out of the room the sounds of Rhaenyra's grief and pain echoing behind her.

"what are you doing here?" a woman with long black hair spoke as she saw Harwin arrive. her eyes darted to the babe in his arms. "no, no, tell me you didn't bring your bastard son!"

"I either brought him with me or let him die. I couldn't let that happen to him Alamea," he responded.

she scoffed, "the queen made you choose."

he gave a nod.

her brown eyes went to the baby, "a baby shouldn't be blamed for mistakes of grown adults. may I?" she extended her hands out.

Harwin walked towards her and carefully placed him in her arms. "oh, he's so small. he has fed has he?" she asked.

"no. as soon as he was born the queen gave him to me," he replied.

"he needs to be bathe and fed. help me," Alamea ordered to him.

alamea and Harwin cleaned the baby as best as they could and wrapped him in clean blankets. Harwin had changed out into plain trousers and shirt. he entered his bedroom where the babes cradle was. in the moonlight and candle lit he watched Alamea place him on her breast.

"we were hungry weren't we?" she cooed at the baby.

"alamea, you don't have to," Harwin spoke.

"Harwin, we should marry like we had planned and we legitimize this baby. well raise him as our own. does he have a name?" alamea asked.