𝐈𝐈 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐈𝐈 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐏𝐭-2

Lucerys stood outside, the sea crashing against the rocks of Driftmark. he ran his hand over his bandaged wound while he stared at the ship that sailed back to Kings Landing. The sun was shining beautifully on High Tide. his silk blue dress flew gently against the winds. He heard footsteps behind him and then the presence beside him.

"She received no punishment," Luke said.

"I am aware. Viserys wanted no problem with Aemond," Jacaerys answered.

"fucking weak bastard," Lucerys silently cursed.

"Yes, weak," Jace looked to Luke, seeing the anger build in his blue eyes. "How's your wrist?"

Luke scoffed, "I'll be fine. that bitch... she will not stop till she gets her revenge."

"nor will Alicent. even Aemond," Jace turned and sat against the stone railing.

"Joffrey... he claimed Meleys," Lucerys whispered.

"he didn't claim Meleys. Meleys chose him. a big difference, Lucerys. we mustn't bring too much attention to him yet," Jace spoke.

"It will be hard to do when we leave and Meleys follows," He quickly replied.

"I know. that's why we aren't going to Kings Landing," Jace revealed.

Lucerys looked at his brother, taking in the black and red uniform with a white cape thrown over his right shoulder. "What do you mean? where are we going?"

"Dragonstone. It's time. I must prepare for the future heir and you for the Queen. It's our birthright and that of our sons. Baela, Laena, and Rhaena agreed to visit. They know their place belongs here. Laenor is still mourning but he's agreed to follow," Jacaerys explained.

Lucerys took a deep breath and grabbed his hand. Jace rubbed his thumb over his knuckles and pressed a gentle kiss to his skin. Jacaerys pressed his head against Luke's shoulder and inhaled deeply.

"all will be alright my love. all will be well." Jace pressed a kiss to his cheek and held him close.

8 YEARS LATER

a curly-haired boy stood in front of the painted table struggling to pronounce a word in high valyrian. his teacher looked at him with pity and the boy could feel frustration and disappointment searing its way into his blood.

"Joffrey, I didn't expect you to learn high valyrian in a day," a soft voice came from the stairs.

Joffrey, now seven and ten, tall, with curly black hair, and a slightly broad build watched his mother walk down the steps. Lucerys ran his hand over his swelling belly as he walked towards him. Joffrey took in his muña's glowy and healthy state. a bright red dress made of pure silk.

"apologies mother. I wanted to get to this last word right," Joffrey spoke.

Luke smiled at his son, walked up to him, his swelling belly perfectly fitted between them, gently cupping his cheek, "Me and your father barely could speak it properly when we were growing up. Now we speak it like our natural tongue. in time you and your brothers will speak it just as smoothly."

"I'm not like you or father," Joffrey whispered.

"In what way, sweet boy?" Lucerys softly spoke.

"I'm not so... perfect," he replied.

Lucerys's blue eyes softened and he pressed a kiss to his temple. "I am anything but. So is your father."

"I'm anything but what?" Jacaerys walked into the room with three silver-haired boys trailing behind.