𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝

[a/n - older Joffrey Velaryon has been cast to Freddy Carter ]

[lucent]

Rhaenyra and Laenor walked into the council room where Otto, Viserys, and Corlys sat. A girl with ginger hair stood off to the side. "you called for us father?" Rhaenyra spoke, she sat down rubbing her hand over her swollen belly. her fourth child would be here soon.

"yes, as you all know Aemma has been unable to give me any more heirs," Viserys said. Rhaenyra watched him with diligent eyes. "your mother has decided to remove herself as queen and let me remarry to have heirs."

"what! no! you can't do that!" Rhaenyra panicked at the thought of her mother not being queen.

"the realm needs an heir and I don't have one. I still love your mother. I can never love anyone else. As you and I, we have to do," Viserys explained.

"Will you be marrying my sister?" laenor asked him. That was the idea. if Viserys married Laena he still had strong support for whomever his heir was.

"I plan to marry the Lady Alicent Hightower," he said.

Rhaenyra looked over to the ginger girl in the corner. she wore a dark blue dress and a gold necklace, her fingers were picking at the skin around her fingernails. She was younger than Rhaenyra. She looked like the age of her son. this was Otto's doing.

"Father, is there not someone else you could marry?" Rhaenyra snapped at him.

"I've done my courtesy in telling you. don't question me," Viserys responded.

alicent felt the tables turn on her as she felt the princess stand up and walk out of the room. all she did was what her father told her to. She felt the tears build in her eyes as she was dismissed. the wedding would be soon and wouldn't be a big deal. later that evening she met her grandsons. Aemond was Rhaenyra's firstborn, he looked nothing like Laenor and more like her uncle Daemon. Her second son was Jacaerys Velaryon. he also didn't look like Laenor but he had brown hair and violet eyes. the boys relatively ignored her and just bid her a good day. She didn't expect much from them. She heard things clattering and yells coming from the hall. she was in the living room when a boy stumbled in.

"I am sorry ser! truly I am!" he yelled as he walked in.

alicent fixed her dress a bit as the boy walked to her. "pleasure," she spoke.

"Hello, my lady. I'm Prince lucerys velaryon," he introduced himself.

"Lady Alicent Hightower," she greeted.

"yes, the new queen," he said. "well I now need time to settle in I just got back from Driftmark, but if you need someone or a friend. don't hesitate."

"thank you, my prince. I will remember that." alicent smiled at the teen before he turned and left. alicent held her hands in front of her. She turned in front of the window and saw the city of Kings landing. She took in a deep breath as it settled in her mind that this was her prison now.

no happiness.

no husband of her choosing.

forced to squeeze out heirs.

tears built in her brown eyes as she was getting ready to end the life of Lady Alicent and begin the life of Queen Alicent.

25 years later

alicent took in a deep breath as she felt the midwives spread her legs wider. sweat beads dripped down her temples, and a sheen layer of sweat covered her body.