𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐲

[a/n- this is going to have a part two but that will be in the jaceluke book for those who want it. please take the warnings seriously.]
[trigger warnings - mentions of death, PTSD, paranoia, rape, child molestation, suicide/suicide thoughts, involuntary hysterectomy, abuse]
[jaceluke]

--------------------

lucerys walked behind the crowd of musty, dirty people as they yelled and shouted at the two boxers in the messy put-together ring. he was completely out of place in his two-piece Prada suit and YSL heels. his expensive perfume was enough to make a mini bubble around him as he made his way through. he didn't want to believe it was true till he witnessed it with his own eyes.

Jeyne walked down the hall to the double doors at the end. opening the door she was faced with her cousin, Lucerys Velaryon. he sat on the other side with a pencil tucked behind his ear and his eyes scanning a file. he looked up at her, bright blue business suit and her blond hair in a ponytail.

"Jessica sent me a file," she announced as she walked towards him and handed it to him.

he quickly put down what he was staring at and grabbed her file. "when did he get out?" Luke asked.

"a week ago. are you sure about this?" Jeyne asked him. her bright blue eyes held much concern for him.

lucerys gave a shaky nod, "Yes. don't worry about me. I have contingency plans in place if it all goes to shit. I deeply appreciate you, cousin."

"I hope you get everything you wish for Luke. truly. that justice is served to you and your family." Jeyne gives him a meaningful smile before turning around and leaving him alone.

the smell of metallic filled his nostrils as he stood in the back of the crowd and watched the man with curly brown hair to his shoulders beat the other to near death. blood was everywhere. he started picking at the skin around his nails as he refused to look away from the brutal scene.

"and we have a winner!" the ring leader shouted into the microphone as he held up the arm of the winner.

it's you. it is you.

his blues shined with tears as he saw the man finally from head to toe. "our winner is Jace Strong!"

Jace only saw a glimpse of someone in a black suit walking away from the back of the crowd. he didn't think twice about it. he went into the dingey dirty locker room to grab his belongings and to get paid. the locker room filled with pained grunts and groans as he left. he was pretty sure he had a broken rib. the humidity didn't help him any better as he walked in the heat of June. his blue flannel clung to his bloody and sweaty body as he made his way to his beat-up pickup truck. his head had a pounding headache and he kept squeezing his eyes shut to lessen it.

"This is what you do now?" he heard someone say.

he looked up seeing a perfectly business-tired boy - he seemed too young - leaning against the pickup truck. he took in the figure and face and couldn't quite place why he felt familiar.

"I'm sorry... do we know each other?" Jace asked him.

"damn. I know it's been a while but that just hurts," the man replied shoving his perfectly manicured hands into his pocket.